EXPO SHEEP TAG DRAWINGS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I Wasn't In The Sheep Draw Room This Year/Today!

The Last Few Previous Years There Were Alot of Out-a-Staters Draw Tags!

Just Wondering How It Went This Year/Today?

BIGJOHN?

LittleBig?

Zeke?

dry_boot?

Others?

Last edited:
Good number of Utah folks drew this year, rest were scattered from all around. 2 repeat winners this year.

I think the first 4 winners were from the Beehive state, plus the winner of the Heads/Tails game, which also won a sheep hunt. I'm guessing there are more people at that event from out of state than are attending from Utah. Obviously your luck might also be influenced by how many tickets you buy.
The odds of winning again are incredibly long but yes two guys won for the second time. Unimaginable luck for them, given there is no way to rig these draws because they happen in front of 1700 people with cameras fixed on the process.

No, my last post may be misleading.
There are some draw hunts that allow for unlimited tickets, but some are only for those that have never got that species of sheep, one is for those who have never drawn a sheep, some bins are for only those who are attending, and some allow people to apply who are not even there, so lots of different options.
But like drawing any sheep tag, the odds of drawing are pretty long for all of them.
I went to the first event and there were only a few hundred people there with great odds. I knew half of the people who drew that day, including Zeke's daughter. The event is way more popular now and drawing a tag is much less likely.

I Remember The 1st Couple Of EXPO'S LittleBig!

Odds Were Perty Damn Good!

Compared To What They Are Now!

I Thought You Had To Be There To Win,Sounds a Little Different Now?

Remember a Year Or Two ago When You Had To Be There To Win & The Guy Had Left?

(I Seen One Of His Buddies Try & Claim The Tag,It Didn't Work!

Big Mistake!

Did You Know Any Of The Guys/Gals That Pulled Sheep Tags This Year?

No, my last post may be misleading.
There are some draw hunts that allow for unlimited tickets, but some are only for those that have never got that species of sheep, one is for those who have never drawn a sheep, some bins are for only those who are attending, and some allow people to apply who are not even there, so lots of different options.
But like drawing any sheep tag, the odds of drawing are pretty long for all of them.
I went to the first event and there were only a few hundred people there with great odds. I knew half of the people who drew that day, including Zeke's daughter. The event is way more popular now and drawing a tag is much less likely.

They have changed the format a lot in the last few years.
You now have to buy your main tickets on line (you can buy more unlimited tickets once you are in the door) and they only sell entry to the first 1700 people, due to the limited size of the ballroom.
As I said, a good portion of the hunts you have to be there to win, but a few are unlimited and you don't have to be present.
I think I remember that guy that left before his name was called and he missed his sheep opportunity. It's pretty impossible to fudge and they always choose an alternate ticket in case they find out someone was "under the table".

I didn't know anyone who drew this year, but I'm getting old and lots of my old hunting friends are going underground...literally. ;)

Last edited:
Just got back down south to the warmer weather. One of our Saint George boys won the last tag of the afternoon. He also won a Dall sheep tag in 2020 at the same event. I was sitting next to the first winner. I think five feet is going to be as close as I get to winning a tag. Couldn’t get threw the mass of chairs to see Zeke and little big horn. Had to settle for a wave from the wall ! Got to talk to 2Lumpy for a little bit. Didn’t have time to get a corn dog. Got to see and to talk a bunch of old friends. Missed ol’ Bessy this year. Hit the Sizzler after the Expo ended. Dinner was about the same price of a Expo corn dog. ? If I don’t draw any tags this year planing on more bird hunting and fishing! Meet the Schmidt’s in the Kaiwhai hunting safaris both. Trying to talk us into a Africa trip.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom