Expo rusults are up

D

deerbedead

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-10 AT 02:51PM (MST)[p]Looks like another goose egg for me. At least I got what I expected!

Looks like I can't spell results either.

No dice here either!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Nada for me. That is two years in a row for Bair.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Nothing for me this year, but our family luck streak has continued.

My Dad drew a Book Cliffs Archery Deer tag-should be a fun hunt!!

John Bair on the Bighorn Sheep hunt-that ought to stir the pot a bit :)

I was reviewing some of the posts from last year and found this quote from John Bair in response to questions regarding his pronghorn tag: "Trust me if it was rigged I would be hunting sheep. I'm stoked to be hunting speed goats. Thanks to everyone that came out to the expo."

I certainly don't think SFW would rig the expo draw but that statement is pretty darn funny in hindsight. Here is the link:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=11534&forum=DCForumID5&archive=yes

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Wow...lolol. Nice find hawkeye. Shouldn't those guys be exempt from the draw, just to avoid this kind of situation?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-10 AT 04:14PM (MST)[p]Well good for John. He's a great guy. Hope he gets a huge ram...and I think he will.
I'm not betting against him for the Henry's tag next year!! LOL

PS - Nothing for me either, no big surprise.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I think I've spent two to three hundred dollars every year. Nothing for my boy and I, four years in a row, but we can't say we didn't try. I'm starting to wonder if i should just start saving my money for a good tag one day for my son?

On the other hand, my buddy Jason Sorensen from Lewiston has drawn three tags in four years! Pronghorn 07, Boulder Elk 08 and now a Veron muzzle tag. I'm on my way to his house to punch him smack in the mouth! Congrats to everyone that drew....Fstop

lets countem up. Last year i spent $1500 applying in arizona 1500 in idaho 1500 in wyoming 1000 applying for valles caldera elk 800 in nm 1500 in nevada and i forget what colorado was. yes these numbers are all rounded down but the rounded down total is about $8300. on top of that i put me and my wife both in for everything at the expo. that totaled 9 grand last year. i usually pull out a loan and pay most of it back from returned fees but this year i said screw it. $150 for me at the expo $0 for the wife and i am not putting in for anything but nm oryx. i took that loan i usually take out and gave it to qtpie and we got one heckuva elk tag at auction. this year was a bad one for me financially and its mde me look at things diferently. no more applying for me. i love to hunt to much. Im jst gonna buy a smokin tag every other year at least. screw all this draw horse crap. just my two cents. in short qt donated about 5 grand. I hate freakin draws.

Wow...1K on Valles Caldera?

I use the opposite strategy - apply for everything and hope to get one good tag for the price of the tag.

I drew book cliffs deer! Couldn't believe it, pulled up the results to see my name at the very top, feels awesome.

I drew a Bookcliffs deer tag in the dedicated hunter draw 5 years ago ( I guess that is rigged to) and it was an awesome hunt. Lots of good bucks. Good luck.

I absolutely busted a gut when I saw the "Doyle" name on that list!!!! Now that's too funny right there. I should have rubbed you guys a little harder at the expo! Congrats. I know a few people that drew tags and John Bair is one of them. You won't find a nicer, hard working guy out there. Bad for me but good for a lot of others. Congrats to all that drew tags.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Dangit I was hoping for the books antelope tag and am stck with this stupid desert SHEEP tag!!!! WEll I guess i'll make the best of it.

I just wanted to say congrats to all the MMer's that drew an expo tag. My friend Coop drew the Monroe Archery Elk tag, so I guess i will get to see that hunt on his next Double D Video.

I hope you are joking. If you have to take out a loan to gamble on hunt raffles or to hunt perhaps you should stay home and save money for a year to get your finances in order. Sounds like you are on the same budjet as the government and most of the people who are now in a financial bind. Play today whether I can afford it or not and hope tomorrow never comes or maybe someone will bail me out tomorrow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom