Expo..Met Tred Barta and his wife Annie

YELUM

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-13 AT 02:18PM (MST)[p]I was at the expo yesterday and seen a guy in a wheelchair coming by. I turned to look, at saw it was Tred, so I Blocked his way and introduced myself. He told me to follow him so I did.

At his booth, he introduced his wife, and showed me this chair. His wife guilted me into trying it.

His wife giving me a couple pointers on how it works.
4988img_0242sml.jpg

My 1st test run.
3232img_0255sml.jpg

Standing, for the first time in over 29 years.
9338img_0248sml.jpg

My reward for a job well done.
1419img_0249sml.jpg

Standing with my best friend, who was the last person to see me walk.

8659img_0253sml.jpg

It was pretty cool. We talked about Billy, Utehunters brother, who has one of these chairs, that Utehunter posted a while back.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

As a Voc Rehab counselor here in Utah... I wonder if I could get a few of these approved for some of my clients..?? :) :)

I have several who would love something like this in order to get back to what they love most...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

BR, at 16k, its not feasible for one person to own them, but would be great if several organizations had one that could be loaned out as needed. I'd probably only use one 3 or 4 times a year. Fun as heck. It will go down a corn field or up a snow covered road.

Yelum

It was good to finally meet you Yelum. Keep posting the good stuff on here. See you down the road

YELUM, you and Tred are a great inspiration and I hold the most respect for you guys and I wish there were a lot more people in this world like you two.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-13 AT 02:57PM (MST)[p]Yelum,
It is providence that you two ran into each other!
Definitely cool equipment and I think your idea of having one of those super machines to share is an awesome idea! No doubt many of us would contribute to that cause!

Nice post Yelum. I wish I would have met you yesterday. All I had time for was a quick tag validation run at lunch. I sure enjoy your photos and contributions to the hunting forums.

I had a booth next to the guys that make/sell those chairs last year in Oregon. They are pretty neat.

That's a awesome looking machine.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Sweet machine and post!!! I can see what you stated working out with the help of a few orginizations and a few great people. Best of luck to you and keep hunting and posting!!!

If Founder wants to handle the donations, I'm in for $100.

Great post and truly inspiring. How about it fellas?

Troutcrk
"Livin the Dream"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-13 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]P_C---Tred isn't in the pictures, but that's his wife in a couple.

Sorry Paul, I meant to post this pic but I've been swamped busy.

Yelum

9956img_0251.jpg

Sweet sweet sweet!

My cousin is in a chair too - I hope he sees this thread! What an inspiration!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>If Founder wants to handle the
>donations, I'm in for $100.
>
>
>Great post and truly inspiring. How
>about it fellas?
>
>Troutcrk
>"Livin the Dream"

+1 come on fellow mm let's make this happen!

Hell, yeh, I will pitch in for ya Larry!

I always like Tred, he had/has his own style but my hell the guy is very determined.

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-13 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]Larry,

I commend you to the max on your perserverance.
No one can imagine what you have gone through since your accident.
I raced motocross bikes for a long time and though I have lots of hardware in my body, I was lucky to come away with what I did considering how many years I pushed that envelope.
I still remember the time in the hospital and the long rehab, but it indeed pales to what you have endured.
A split second can change your life forever, God knows the times I could have checked out...

I am glad you met Tred and had the chance to do what you did.
Though he has taken a lot of ribbing here at MM over the years, I think he's a really good guy at heart and unless you've walked in his shoes I think it's a cheap shot to discredit what he's done.

You are an inspiration and a true asset to the gang here at MM.
I wish you the best now and always.

HH

On the last day of the show I talked with Tred and his wife and let them know what was going on here with the MM group after Larry (Yelum) posted about him meeting Tred and standing for his first time in 29 years in the new chair.

I let her know many of us was willing to help out Larry or the orginization that Larry chooses. She seemed very excited. Taking with her and explaining the posts here on Monster Mulies and all the comments that a number of MM members are in really stirred her interest. Hopefully between them, Larry and getting the needed information back with us we can make this happen for Yelum an his choosen orginization. 16K is alot for one person to front, but is very possible for many (160 people at $100.00 gets it done).

Tred's wife stated she was to meet with chairbound hunters this week.

Best of luck to you Yelum. Get Lostinoregan (Rich) the information. Keep hunting and posting here on MM, your are an inspiration!!!

P.S. - Rich, I will talk to you soon. Your original post was awesome to reach out and get this started. You may get a call from Tred or his wife. I gave her your contact info as a contact. Hope you don't mind.

Well done Yelum!
I looked for you at Full Curl so I could say hello again.

I ran into Tred too. Cool guy and I got an autographed photo of him. Pretty cool guy and fun to talk with!

Excellent expo.... again.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom