Excerpt from a classic rifle book

If you're saying we "baby" our rifles and my hero Jack didn't, you'd be wrong. Jack Loved beautiful custom rifles and had several that were his babies.

If your saying.....
Well hell, I don't know what you're point is but I'm sure you do and could share it with is.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-11 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]At the time of his death, he was singing praises of the 7RM...

BTW, Kieth was the real deal..O'Connor was a priss, and likely fell and broke the '03 in a drunken stupor.

"BTW, Kieth was the real deal..O'Connor was a priss, and likely fell and broke the '03 in a drunken stupor."

That is Blasphemy! Say what you will but no taking away that O'Connor could really tell a story to the point that you were right there with him on their hunts and didn't want it to end.

My Grandfather on Mom's side was a lot like O'Conner in that he believed that hunting deer sized game with smaller bullets and high velocity was the way to go. Gramps had bought one of the very first .270's Winchester ever put out and much later, a 25-06 the first year Remington came out with them in their 700.

Joey

I guess the point still hasn't changed in that dead is dead no matter how fast that bullet is going. Be it griz, elk, deer or other plains game and they don't look to see or care if you're shooting them with a magnum or not. Lethal comes in many calibers magnums included! Sage you hit the nail on the head O'Connor could write with the best of them.... and most of the others are out of their league just trying to keep up. His works are as good today as they were back then!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom