Euro spotting scope

C

Cobowbugle

Just wondered if anyone has used the cabela's euro spotting scope and how it matches up with the big names?? Looking at getting one

Uh Ooo, Time to get the popcorn, This will be entertaining! P.S. Ive heard good things. My buddies have the binos and there awesome. Tony

I bought one back in aug and it is wonderful! My brother has had his for a year and loves it to. Its a meopta with cabelas name on it cant beat it for the price imo.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-11 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]I have the Meopta Meostar 75mm APO w/20-60x eyepiece, which is pretty much the same thing and it's a fantastic spotter! Do a search and you'll see a lot of guys asking whether they should buy a 60/65mm or an 80/85mm spotter. Usually comes down to those who recommend a 60/65mm if you're planning to pack it, and an 80/85mm if you plan to use it where weight is not a concern. To me, the 75mm Meopta offers the best of both worlds. It offers a fantastic view, gathers more light than a 60/65mm spotter, yet weighs less than an 80/85mm.

As far as the view goes, I've compared the Meopta/Cabela's side by side to a Kowa Prominar TSN 664 and a Swarovski ATS 80mm and it gives up very little if anything.

The one thing I don't like about the Meopta/Cabela's spotter is the eye-cup design on the eyepiece. It's a fixed rubber eyepiece that you have to fold down if you wear glasses, which I don't, but it would still be nice to have a twist-up eye-cup like those on the Swarovski and Zeiss spotters. I prefer the helical type focus of the Meopta/Cabela's over the finger adjustable type, but that's just personal preference.

At $949.99, I consider the Cabela's Euro spotter to be one of the few true optic bargains available today. The Euro binos are fantastic as well!

Best of luck in your decision.

I also own a Meopta Meostar 75mm APO spotter and I second his recommedation. Near as I can tell the APO is the same as High Def. I couldn't afford Zeiss, Lecia or Swaro. I didn't want a asian spotter, so I went with Meopta. No buyers remorse. If I could change anything, I would go straight instead of angled.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom