Ethics?

W

windybownarro

Wanting to make a list of "hunting ethics." Long range shots? Treestands? Cameras? Compound over crossbow? Ect.

The question is a mute point beyond the legal issue in the area.
Know the yardage, i can kill a critter out to 70 yards with my bow. My buddie is good to 90 yards. Someone else maybe only good to 30 yards. Same with a rifle. I know my .338 drops 26 inches at 500 yards with a 210 nosler. If i know the distance, it's over. Someone else may not shoot alot and ethically should only shoot the same gun out to 100 yards. Treestands? Try hunting an eastern trophy whitetail on the ground. Trust me, stay in camp and choke your chicken. Is it ethical to hunt food plots?, acorn drops? Water holes? Road hunting? South Dakota white t-shirt antelope flagging during the rut? What ever weapon You hold, You should know what You can ethically make a quik kill with. My question is are You a PETA member looking for rogue responses to open ended questions or just trying to learn?

Very interesting response. Thanks for all the information. No I'm not PETA, just seeing what kind of responses I can get. Thanks popeyoung2!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-09 AT 11:37PM (MST)[p]where I hunt I really don't have to option to shoot my bow much more then 30 yards. I don't shoot a brand new "Monster" but shoot often enough that I feel more then confident in my ability to take a good shoot and put my target down with in that range. My shot this year was 20 yards right threw the heart. I am able to hit an 8 inch gong off of shooting sticks at 300yards. That being said there is a big difference between the range and having a bull or trophy deer infront of you. So if I get a legal animal in front of me I won't be taking any longer of a shot then that. Since it will or would be the first time I have had a bull in front of me with a tag in my pocket. That is how I feel about it and I want to make sure I am successful if I pull the trigger. Otherwise tag soup is fine by me.

Perfect response rum300, You know your weapons from shooting them. You know your range and stay within it for an ethical kill. Great ethics and attitude.

4ae2edb82eebc52a.jpg

How about going through neighboring property to get to a treestand and/or deer on your own property? How about access to land-locked property? Road-hunting? Tracking animals at night to harvest during day? Residental neighborhood hunting? Use of high power optics? Use of lighted sights on bows? Anything that just bugs you about hunting, just looking for honest opinions and/or stories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom