ETHICAL OR NOT? (LOOK!!!)

S

ShowThemToMe

Just about had enough of the Millions of SFW/Wolf Threads!

Let's talk Long Range/Ethical Shooting/Shots!

One of Our MM'ers here is in to Long Range Shooting as well as many others!

Proud as Hell a few years back He takes this Whitetail Doe at over 1300 Yards!

Now He's in the Process of setting up a Range & will be practicing out to 2,500 Yards!

Guess the Guns I pack/own are perty much JUNK!

Let's just shoot in to next week when we want to!

3312longrange.jpg

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Not for me.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

How am I supposed to kill a deer at 1300 yards with no sight on my bow?? Hell I don't even think I can scare it at that range if I yell at the top of my lungs...through a MEGAphone!!

~Z~

Come on ~Z~!

Aim at a 45 degree angle & let it Fling!:D

1000 yard shots are ethical on predators and terrorists...

Game animal 1000 yard shooting it is just making up for the lack of hunting skills, most often.

I would still take a 1000 yard shooter over a wolf any day!

You see a Wolf ~Z~?

You throw Rocks,Flip Sticks or do whatever you gotta do,lol!:D

STTM---I'll not comment because I'm still puking after watching those two head shot elk videos done by Mr. Whistler!

Not at all NVB!

You know I'd never do that!

Unless somebody like yourself Provoked me to Stirr It!

Don't Tempt Me NVB,Don't Tempt Me!

>Hey NVB, have you heard anything
>new about where Peyton Manning
>is going to play?

Peyton who? Is he a NASCAR driver? Or baseball player?
TUCC

sttm. you want one of those guns. dont you? if you had one you coud stay home and shoot my pet buck behind fort myton.

I am about as tired of these long range ethics post as I am the wolf post. It cracks me up how some of us get all bent out of shape because someone was able to successfully harvest and animal at long range. At the same time we don't questions the ethics of hunting the same ridge that we all ready know another hunter is working, or setting up our duck spreads 50 yards away from someone else that has all ready set up. The fact of the matter is ?Ethics? is a personal choice each and everyone one of use have different ethics.
Here is how I see this post. This guy has been practicing at this range and is thinking about bumping that up to 2500 yards. Seeing that he is harvested the doe white tail at half the distance that he is practicing that would mean most of us would be un-ethical if we were to take a shoot beyond 50-100 yards. I would be willing to bet most hunters sight their rifles in at 100 ? 200 yards and call it good.

400bull

>1000 yard shots are ethical on
>predators and terrorists...
>
>Game animal 1000 yard shooting it
>is just making up for
>the lack of hunting skills,
>most often.
>
>I would still take a 1000
>yard shooter over a wolf
>any day!

+1

The fatally wounded doe believes it to be unethical; there she was minding her own business, checking the barometric pressure & moon phase and all of a sudden WHACK!

The above post was written with all due respect....

The real facts about long range hunting is it is another tool that some use to make up for below average hunting or stalking skills. Long range hunting is getting more animals killed that would have survived 10 years ago. This trend consequently creates less opportunity for the masses.

For example, the effects of long range hunting are one more negative factor to a long list of factors effecting our mule deer herds in western wyoming. Local fat guy's with no skills are killing big mule deer with the ability to shoot nine hundred yards. If they had to get under 400 yards they would rarely kill a deer at all...

The thing that most of us don't see is what happens leading up to the shot (or shots). I have friends that like to shoot long range. They tell me they shot a buck at 800 yds. I am impressed and then they tell me the whole story about it taking a dozen shots to finally connect. And a couple more to finish it off. Ethical?

That is a heck of a shot, I think it's great. I don't shoot long range and thats because I can't. If you have the tools-use them? I'm a bow hunter and I like getting close, does that make me a better hunter? I hope so because then I can start making fun of all the guys that use guns. Come on guys there are close range hunters and there are long range, as long as you love it do it.
I would be willing to bet that there are more bow hunters that wound and lose there game then there is long range.

I 100 percent agree hunting should be about appreciating the gift and enjoying the experience.

Sooner or later though, we are going to have to give up some of our advantages. Or I guess ultimately we will all end up like Idaho, with nothing to hunt but predators, or very limited quota. Maybe it's time to give up some hunting opportunities, so the guy's with supper gun's can keep blasting away. Currently We kill to many for long term sustainability.

I would hunt with a traditional muzzle loader or bow for a healthier elk/mule deer herd...

When is enough, enough?????

Wolfhunter, that is the million dollar question. When is enough, enough? I sure don't have the answer. One thing I do know is that at some point it stops being hunting and becomes shooting. I guess that distance is different for all of us. For me 1300 yds is not hunting but rather target practice. I would venture to guess that that change over point is a whole lot shorter than 1300 yds for 95% of us.

Judging by the picture, it doesn't look like the shooter was all that happy with the end result.

Currently We
>kill to many for long
>term sustainability.
>
>

Wouldn't that have more to do with allotted tags instead of weapon of choice?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Maybe the skinny sneaky guys just use that skill to make up for their inability to shoot long distances??
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

MM DICTIONARY

ETHICAL Someone doing something exactly as the person casting judgement would do(at least openly pretend to do even though behind closed doors and alone in open fields they may deviate from internet spoken manifesto) as long as they don't harvest something said ethics judge may have been able to harvest.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

JUDAS!

Now We have an Urban MM Dictionary?

:D:D:D!

>JUDAS!
>
>Now We have an Urban MM
>Dictionary?
>
>:D:D:D!
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>
>
>Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can
>

It is linked right next to the calendar. Most people only see the calendar.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The guys that say "people have to shoot long ranges to make up for poor hunting skills" remind me of the ugly people that say "the real beauty is on the inside."

If you can, congrats, if you can't, don't be mad at the guys that can.

>The guys that say "people have
>to shoot long ranges to
>make up for poor hunting
>skills" remind me of the
>ugly people that say "the
>real beauty is on the
>inside."
>
>If you can, congrats, if you
>can't, don't be mad at
>the guys that can.

This kind of crass remark does not further your position.

Tyler...

It's kind of like when Quigley down under said, "I did not say I did not know how to use the gun, what I said is, I have no use for the gun"

That is unless it's a terrorist or a wolf...

>JUDAS!
>
>Now We have an Urban MM
>Dictionary?
>

Yes Bess, its almost as valuable as the Washington State dictionary of hunting terms.

TUCC

>>JUDAS!
>>
>>Now We have an Urban MM
>>Dictionary?
>>
>
>
>Yes Bess, its almost as valuable
>as the Washington State dictionary
>of hunting terms.
>
>
>TUCC

I almost forgot NVB!

In your neck of the woods your Ancestors used to make shots 3 times that far with their model 99's!

Well?

I figured a few of you would figure it out before now!

I might live with the 1,300 Yard Shot!

But Killin that Doe was BS!

Because they gotta sneak out of the Truck!:D

I'll admit, when doe hunting, distance doesn't matter, but I'm shooting the one standing closest to the road and I'm not expecting her to move any from that spot.

yet again amazed at the closed mindedness of this site and the people on it. So what someone is capable of shoot thousadns of yards I wish I could is it something to cry about? apparantly yes. have fun on your computers ill be put hunting.

You call disagreeing with someone shooting at animals so far that they can't hit them in the vitals, close minded? Every rifle I've got in my safes is capable of shooting that far, but why not keep it on paper that doesn't bleed with a bad shot like those elk videos depicted. If you have watched that last elk video with the shooter missing the vitals by 4' on a standing bull and then shooting at it again as it ran away hunting, then you, Sir, may be on the wrong site if you see nothing wrong with them. Being knowledgeable and capable with a rifle at any practiced distance is one thing. Neither of those Whistler elk videso depicted capable hunters or shooters and that's the big difference from your statements if you're defending them!

Never thought of it like that topgun. I'm a changed man. I feel born again. Thanks for opening my eyes for me.

Wait till they get the rail gun perfected. It will shoot a looooooooooooooooooooooong ways.

We have to ask ourselves some questions really soon. Are we going to be happy with really short seasons. Do we want the animals to have more a chance at escape. The hand has tipped to far to technology and not in the games favor. Hunting in it's purest form is becoming as scarce as a .30/.30 has become for elk hunting. We are going to have to decide what more important to us. Do we want to marvel at 2,000 yard shots on game, or do we marvel at 10 yard shots? 1 day season or 20. You choose.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

NOT. I love that they are wearing camo for a doe that they shot at 1360 yards. Cracks me up. The animal does not deserve to be subject to your "hunting" ethics. One shot kill!! It is probably after he flung a few rounds at her. Shoot at a target, not an animal. Just my opinion.

Also it seems to be that the people on here that say he "can" shoot that far make it seem like he can do so ethically. If he were that good to make ethical shots at 1360 yards, he would not have to display the billboard on the carcass of the animal. It seems to be more important than taking care of and processing the animal for the food that it was intended.

>You moron bess

Easy REDDOG!

>
>We have to ask ourselves some
>questions really soon. Are we
>going to be happy with
>really short seasons. Do we
>want the animals to have
>more a chance at escape.
>The hand has tipped to
>far to technology and not
>in the games favor. Hunting
>in it's purest form is
>becoming as scarce as a
>.30/.30 has become for elk
>hunting. We are going to
>have to decide what more
>important to us. Do we
>want to marvel at 2,000
>yard shots on game, or
>do we marvel at 10
>yard shots? 1 day season
>or 20. You choose.

troubling thoughts. Its kinda hard to argue "heritage" when woodsmanship is being eclipsed by technology. Not closed minded, more like looking ahead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom