Escsalante Big horn sheep tag

B

Bigbullbert

I had a buddy pick up a tag for this area, to shoot a big horn sheep. Does anybody know this area or has guided or done this hunt. we could gather info. Would you recommend a guide or could a guy DIY.

I've spent a lot of years guiding hunters on the Escalante, including the biggest desert ram taken in the state last year. You're welcome to contact me at 435-590-8139.

I've done this hunt, You and your buddy are in for an incredable experience.....but I wouldn't do it on my own. You need experience to get around in that country.
Randy Johnson / High Desert Wild Sheep guides know's and has had more sucess on that unit than anybody I know. Contact Randy at [email protected]

You could also do a search.....this has came up before.

I had the tag last year and took a great B&C Ram. This is a great area but it is extermely rough! Some say it is one of the toughest Sheep hunt areas anywhere. There is no question that you should go with a guide. I hunted with Randy Johnson and Brett Caldwell of High Desert Wild Sheep Guides. In my opinion they know that area better than anyone and I would hire them again without question.

49ca6bf465ec36cb.jpg

It's one of my favorite areas. As John Bryce ("Bryce" Canyon National Park) said, "It's a helluva place to lose a cow."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom