Erasing Pictures off My SD Card

W

wasatch_bow_hunter

Isn't it frustrating when you get up early in the morning and make the 1 hour drive, 8 mile 4-wheeler ride and 3 mile hike down and up a canyon only to find that someone has erased your pictures off the SD card? If you want to see the pictures on the camera, fine. Just don't erase them in the process.

Advice from a Grizzly: Live Large. Take
what is yours. Scratch what itches.

Why don't you have a steel lock box for your camera??? It won't guarantee your camera will be left alone but it will help...

There is no way I'd leave my trail camera out in the woods without a lock box, people could still get it but they'd need to bring some tools with.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-13 AT 10:41AM (MST)[p]We had the same thing happen to a camera up on cache. The joker erased everything we had taken 2 pics before we left just to make sure the cam was working and found it was at zero when we checked it. They must think that if it was at zero we wouldnt hunt the area but obviously the big buck I have been watching has been showing up to the spot. Saddly mistaken that guy or group is going to get a rude awakening when I see them up on the mountain sitting over that area I will be packing a club along with a sidearm and whoop some a$$. To me thats just like stealing something. I have always seen other guys cams but never once would I ever touch or check their cards. Thats there spot they found and just move on to another.

Spend 2.99 for a lock, and it will solve that problem. I learned a long time ago not to leave my card slot open. I would never leave a camera out without a lock on the camera and another lock around the tree. Sometimes that still doesn't stop people from stealing them.

You guys that need cameras to hunt sure cause a bunch of stife,why dont you get the clue?

At least you have a camera to put another card in. M^%*@ %$*^#@s not only stole my camera but they chopped the #@^$*^& tree down to get it.

Lost all your pics huh? All the more reason to hunt that area every day you can because I guarantee there was something big on there that they didn't want you to see....

Fortunately for us, we already knew there is a few nice bulls in there. The missing pictures would have been fun to see. In this remote spot, I still don't feel the need to lock the camera up. I just wish the prankster would leave the camera alone. From the sound of so many other posts on here, the camera could be destroyed or stolen.

Advice from a Grizzly: Live Large. Take
what is yours. Scratch what itches.

"I still don't feel the need to lock the camera up"

Burn me once shame on you
Burn me twice shame on me

I plan on being there this weekend and when the DB comes in on his private road up the bottom on his 4 wheeler, he might be walking back to his truck to get a spare tire.

No, I wont do that, but I will have a little chat with them if I see them. Nice calm conversation.

Remember to let them start it, Just be around to finish what they started.
When in doubt choke them out.
A little roll around on the ground is good for the soul.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

If you want to recover the files, go online and download a free recovery software program (like "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard") from a site like Cnet.com. The files are most likely still there - the directory just got erased. You may even find a pic of the culprit on there.

Diablo
That some good Information.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom