Ensign Ranch

R

RiverLover

I received the best call of my life a couple weeks ago from the DWR telling me that someone surrendered their CWMU Buck Deer tag and my name was next on the list. So I said no. Just joking I said heck ya!

Has anybody ever hunted on Ensign before? It is a huge area and they don't allow pre-season scouting or ATV's and I only get 5 days to hunt. I am way pumped so if anyone has any info on the area I would really appreciate it.

I never have hunted it, but have heard great things. A friend drew an Elk tag this year. You will have a great time. Good luck and I can't wait to hear how you do.

you can glass a bit of it from the highway, i know of 1 hunter who did and killed a good buck...

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

What are your hunt dates? If you can hunt the south side of 84 You'll have a great chance at killing a great buck w/out pre season scouting.

I had the same thing happen to me in 2010. I took the tag knowing it was a tough year and the bucks were hard to find. I hunted two days and seen 20 bucks and a dozen bulls each day. No monsters but a couple nice bucks. I shot this buck on day 2.
578p1090277.jpg

Had opportunities but passed on these two.
8919img_0799.jpg

6823img_0802.jpg

Yelum

I got my buck on the 20th, but the leaves were still on the trees, which made it difficult. Most of the bucks we saw were in the sage, either feeding, or bedded. I hunted the castle Rock property, while my nieghbor hunted the north property. She took a very heavy 4x4 about 25 wide.

If you live around the ogden area and want to stop in, I would be happy to go on google earth and show you were we saw deer.

Best of luck, and tell the guides Larry said hi.

Yelum

my daughter has a tag for ensign ranch, was wondering if anybody could give me any information on it?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom