Encroaching Neighbor

C

Covey

I have 4 acres in town and my neighbor across the fence has physically moved the fence line that has been there for 80 years so he could park his car a little easier. Any suggestions on how I should go about fixing this little problem? The fence moved about 10'x15'. I thought about parking a junk vehicle or two right beside his house and leaving them there for a while. I have to go move the fence back asap so he doesn't get comfortable but am looking for ideas. His house is across the street from my property where he moved my fenceline. He isn't even on his side of the street. What a fricken tool this guy is. I'm thinking maybe something is wrong in the head with him. Who does this? Suggestions?

He did this last summer too and I had to do some fence work. This is why I think he's mentally unstable.

I certainly would have the police involved as these type of situations can escalate into something much worse very fast!

Hope it plays out for the best.

Robb

Send a letter then the next weekend have a fencing party and move it back, or sell me the 4 ac. and I will move it back. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I can't wait for 'Nicky's' recomendations on this one!:D

I'll bet He's got Experience!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

Do you know where the property pins are??? If not you will have to prove to him where the line is at. He doesn't have to prove to you. That is what a lawyer told me. I do know in the area I live in the fence lines are not on the property line in most cases. I have seen fence line off 80 feet and the person thought he owned the land but found out differant. I hope it goes well for you because I was in the same thing a few years ago and I ended up owning more land then I thought. Take the right steps and good luck. Remember you have to prove to him that you know where the line is at not him. If you have that you have the right to sue.

I'd get it re-surveyed if it hasn't been surveyed recently!

They are finding out there are lots of fence lines not even close to where they should be!

Some states claim if the Fence has been there more than 7 years,that makes it the legal property line,don't know if that's BS or not?

Todays GPS surveyors have pinpoint accuracy,unlike just 20 years ago!

I'd find out for sure exactly where the line is & I'd move his Ass back in a New York second!

But that's just me,I just got told yesterday I'm an Assshole!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

I can't believe somebody would call you an ##### Bess...as far as the property dispute you have a documented legal description of property with the descriptive coordinates---GPS them in and you have your legal property boundaries... a lot of people would be in for a big surprise...

>Have you considered just talking to
>him? That's probably where I
>would start.

Oh Shummy, that's just plain crazy talk.

Well, I am older now, so I have tempered my confrontational issues. I would have the county come and handle the situation.

20 years ago, I would have parked a camp trailer there, moved in some hippies, and ran the black water hose right under his truck.

Then again, there will always be geese.....

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

without a survey you have nothing but the makings of a good fistfight... and after the fight you will still need the survey... Get the corners pinned in some type of permanent fashion, not just 1/4" lath wood stakes with ribbon. Emminent domain isn't as powerful as most would believe and it varies with state statute, investigate your state law but generally you have to use the land not just mow it once a week.

Stake the corners and say here is the line stay on your side, I'll stay on mine. If he violates you have 3 options ignore it, beat him up, or call law enforcement.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-12 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]BTDT here with my neighbor. In my case, he just didn't know. Turned out he was the son of the previous owner. His dad was a very good neighbor what little I saw of him.

Once the county surveyors did their thing, we both won. I benefitted with a fence I didn't have to build (he ended up moving the fence) and he didn't get an azz whooping from an old guy. And, he turned out to be a very nice guy. He brings over a 6er of Coors Light whenever he drives down from Lake Tahoe.

Sometimes it doesn't matter where the property lines are.. If the fence was there for a length of time it falls under Prescriptive Easement and in most cases the fence shall stay where it has been for the most amount of time...

Look up "Prescriptive Easements"

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom