Encounter with a Colt

NVPete

Very Active Member
I had another unique wildlife experience today...driving about in the White Rocks, a young colt was running in the middle of the road. When I stopped, I "whinnied" to get him to stop so I could take a pic or two. He must be lost or orphaned and pretty lonely, because without hesitation, he walked up to me, let me pat his head, scratched his chin, and ears. He then set about "bonding" with my truck, wandered all about it, when I opened the door, he even checked the interior out! I waited around twenty minutes, for Mom to show up, but never saw another horse. He even tried to follow along as I departed. I hope he finds other horses or his Momma!
14261colt.jpg

17412colt.jpg

25043colt.jpg

794colt.jpg

That's some cool pics and some thing that doesn't happen very often getting that close. I was in the same area two years ago and was able to get within 20 yards of a real good looking grulla that was young. That area sure is thick with the mustangs so hopefully it will hook up with some others.

Looks like it is outside of Reno. Pretty unusual for a colt like that to come up to you. I hope it finds momma.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

When I saw the title I thought maybe you blew your big toe off in a fast draw competition.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom