Elkassssss

I Was doc!

I've got Enough of them Now to Last me a Lifetime!

The Older BUILT IN THE USA PENN 49's & 349's are hard to Find Brand New!

But it is Possible!

I'm SICK of the Newer JUNK Built Elsewhere!

I bought a big $150 Diawa salt reel for Florida. I rinsed it out religiously every day I came in from the beach. The gears were toast after one trip.

Meanwhile, my Diawa spining reel I've had for about 15 years finally died on me last year. It saw 7 trips to Florida and God knows how many hours in the ponds, rivers lakes etc. in Ohio.

I've even took my Dad's old Muskie rigs that sport 20-25 year old Abu Garcia Ambesseduer bait casters down to Florida. As long as I soak them in soapy water every other day, keep them rinsed out and lubed, they work great. Can't speak for the new Abu Garcia stuff though.....

I bought a big $150 Diawa salt reel for Florida. I rinsed it out religiously every day I came in from the beach. The gears were toast after one trip.

Meanwhile, my Diawa spining reel I've had for about 15 years finally died on me last year. It saw 7 trips to Florida and God knows how many hours in the ponds, rivers lakes etc. in Ohio.

I've even took my Dad's old Muskie rigs that sport 20-25 year old Abu Garcia Ambesseduer bait casters down to Florida. As long as I soak them in soapy water every other day, keep them rinsed out and lubed, they work great. Can't speak for the new Abu Garcia stuff though.....
Hey #1 I have been told that washing them down as we have in the past is wrong. That actually pushes the salt into the reel.
I just wipe them down after each trip now instead of washing them down. The old reels are ok to wash down but not the new ones.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom