Elk Unit 19A - Late

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I am very interested to know if any of you have hunted this unit in the past few years. I realize I might take a bit of a beating on this thread and is probably well deserved as I have never been to the unit, nor have I ever hunted Arizona!

I started applying/building points a few years back (2-3 years back) and decided to apply for this unit and never believed that I would draw this soon.

What has me excited is that it is a late hunt hunt that will likely be warmer than anything I have experienced here at home (Northern Utah). I am also looking forward to learning new country and see what I can find. I will be hunting everyday.

I do plan to make a trip this summer and drive/explore the unit and look at the country.

Any suggestions in regard to camping areas any other advice you could offer would be appreciated. I will post a report of the hunt!

Thanks!

I am very interested to know if any of you have hunted this unit in the past few years. I realize I might take a bit of a beating on this thread and is probably well deserved as I have never been to the unit, nor have I ever hunted Arizona!

I started applying/building points a few years back (2-3 years back) and decided to apply for this unit and never believed that I would draw this soon.

What has me excited is that it is a late hunt hunt that will likely be warmer than anything I have experienced here at home (Northern Utah). I am also looking forward to learning new country and see what I can find. I will be hunting everyday.

I do plan to make a trip this summer and drive/explore the unit and look at the country.

Any suggestions in regard to camping areas any other advice you could offer would be appreciated. I will post a report of the hunt!

Thanks!
Lowish elk numbers, plan to cover a lot of country to find pockets of elk. The elk tend to be spread out in the lower country. Don't expect anything huge, but it is a sleeper unit. You can also camp almost anywhere in the unit, but I would contact USFS to make sure.

Lowish elk numbers, plan to cover a lot of country to find pockets of elk. The elk tend to be spread out in the lower country. Don't expect anything huge, but it is a sleeper unit. You can also camp almost anywhere in the unit, but I would contact USFS to make sure.
Thank you! I have heard that there are low numbers of elk. My expectations are to just have a good week hunting with my son and a bull would would be a great bonus.

My In-Laws live in Mesa so after Thanksgiving dinner, we will head down for the opener. We are very much looking forward to it.

I have hunted Muleys there a couple times,
Fun unit, I saw a couple big bulls in there,
Cows every trip.

Feel free to pm for some areas to check out

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom