Elk Unit 16

Skeet

My daughter drew the early tag 16-1. We hunted the unit back in 2011 and I know the Q has purchased more ranches in the area. Was wondering if anyone has some current info on the unit.
Thanks

I hunted 16 a while back. I wouldn't expect a whole lot to change other than as you mentioned in your post the Q has a little more land. My guess is that there still are a lot of cow tags issued...possibly even more than were issued when you last hunted there? I'm sure you are aware that the cow hunters will likely hit the public land roads pretty hard and the elk will likely be spooked onto the Q and other private land.

The GnF have upped the bull and cow tags since 2011. In my opinion it's become a zoo, and the GnF have once again screwed up another great elk area. Too many elk tags, a general deer season in October, and not a ton of public land for the amount of tags issued. With that said, I do have a late season cow tag in 16.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom