Elk unit 113

Wapitiwilly

Very Active Member
I know it's a little late in the game but thinking unit 113 might have some potential for a better than average bull, willing to pay a trespass fee if needed.
can you hunt in September with a bow? Is the hunt worth burning max points?
Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Paul

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-12 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]I believe that is what they call the Rochelle Hills herd and the F&G only issued cow elk tags last year and it did have a bow season the month of September. I've hunted antelope near there and I don't believe I would waste max PPs on that unit because I believe the herd is very limited in size. Thus no bull hunt every year.

According to the Wyoming proclamation unit 113 type 1 is any elk, hope this is correct, maybe I should call the G & F this AM.
Thanks for the info
Paul

WW---It shows right in the NR Booklet that there is a Type 1 Any Elk and a Type 4 Antlerless Elk hunt this year, so you are correct!

I called the biologist for that area as I was interested in the unit too. Topgun is correct, its a limited size herd. Approx 300 total animals for the unit.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom