Elk, The One Point Behind Saga

Yeah, I think I am two points behind the unit I am chasing. But at age 66 I think I am going to be out of this point game soon whether I want to be or not.

My wife asked me the other day how much longer was I going to be paying money for these "points" I am always talking about. I told her not many more years. Her response was "yeah, right" you will probably be buying these "points" when you are 90.

>Sell them to the highest bidder
>then use that money for
>a private land hunt!!!

Lol...Man, if only it was that easy!

'Ike'

Bowhunter...

WV, if you can't reach your goal lower the bar. better to have a good hunt now than never have a great one.

I'm 10 years behind you but I can really tell this doesn't get easier with age. there comes a point you have to compromise I'm thinking.

How many points do you have and where ?

Stay Thirsty My Friends

OchocoKid, I agree with you. If I can't draw the tag I am after in the next couple of years I will lower my goal and go hunting.

I put in for Wyoming elk with 7 points this year. The unit I'm after took 8 last year so not expecting a PP draw, but maybe a random or Super Tag.

I have never tried to accumulate maximum points anywhere, I have used them. So I just have minimal Colorado elk and deer and will use the deer this year. I have also used my Wyoming deer but have 6 antelope points.

I went on a backpack hunt in 2010 and a horseback hunt in 2012. when I got home I knew I was finished with those.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom