Elk outfitter search

johnk

Hello, I read some posters get put down cause low posting count, like me new to this computer thing Read alot post little, Here goes, Wi retired farmer be 72 in spring and fall work kept me out of western hunting,last time M loader in colorado. 21 points ago. My body took a few hits past life so beat up as it is still not in the HOME, What i,m looking for is a guided hunt 1 on 1 for a nice bull 1 on 1 don,t want to slow a fit hunter down. Would like a bow or M Loader hunt.I understand it will cost $$ but can,t see paying $$$$$$ Some of the posters live elk hunting and must know of honest outfitters. I know even the best outfitters it,s still hunting. Some pointers is what i,m looking for. Thank all you guys and ladies for pointers. John

What is your budget? What size Bull are you looking for? Are you thinking a public land draw unit, or private land with guaranteed tags? Do you have any bonus points anywhere?

Someone can surely point you in the right direction with a little more info.

2a0fcsk.gif

What Tony said.

there are some pretty good private land elk hunts with landowner tags here in central Oregon. depending on what size bull you'd be happy with and what you want to spend they might fit your needs.

Most get booked early with repeat clients so you can't wait too long.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thank you I have 21 nonresident points for elk Colorado HOpping to stay 6k or less with lic trip tips motels, ect , starts to get over the fun thing. Ranches cost more yet I heard . I expected some one to say DIY With 21 points, hopping for ML Thanks again.

Sorry I thought you meant you'd burnt 21 points.

I only have 19 CO elk points but if I had 21 I'd be after the 76 early rifle.

I'm sure someone can give you some good ideas here.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

If I were in your shoes (and I wish I were) I would look at Unit 76 and Frazier outfitter. I believe you could even possibly draw early rifle with your points.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-18 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]Unit 61 in Colorado and use Weimer Hunt Camp. Ryan will take care of you and will come well under budget. My dad bought a landowner tag a few years ago and had a great hunt with them

I wish I knew more about what the Colorado points were these days but seems everyone is after a 2 or 201 elk tag. You might not have enough but you could look at diamond peak outfitters

Py

I would try Mike Lawson with trophy class outfitters in unit 40 with rifle. It would be a great hunt. I hunted with them in 15 and would love to do it again.

Unit 40 or 61.

76 is some rough country, so you best be in good shape... which is why I would look into the Abive units. Mike Lawson is a real good choice, but I doubt you would get in for under 6k. I would look into that 61 option if I were you.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-18 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]+1. 76 is probably not your best option due to physical limitations.

40, pricey but the easiest hunt and great trophy potential. If on private land, I would suspect chance of success would be the highest of the choices.

61: should be able to draw an arhery tag and possibly the regular 1st rifle tag (not early). But rifle took 21 last year and could go up. You probably couldn't draw a muzzy tag as it took 22 points the last 2 years.

Mike Lawson with trophy class outfitters sounds like a pretty good option, and is not that much above your price range. This will be a once in a lifetime hunt, so what is a few extra thousand dollars???

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

John,
Archery bull in unit 61 took 20pts last year, tx hunter has the right information about the rest.
Give me a call if you want to discuss a few options for the unit 61.
Thanks, Dominguez Outfitters, 970-640-9312

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom