Elk hunting in Pinedale

T

tanner33

Does anyone know how the archery elk hunting is near Pinedale. I was looking into units 96 and 97. I know there was a big fire and the elk herds took a big hit. Thanks for the info.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-11 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]I guess your talking about either the jim creek or willow creek fires? I wouldn't worry to much about the effects of those. I think the herds are still doing fine

I agree the herds havent been affected to bad i killed a nice five point this year with my bow in pinedale and a 320 six point the year before that with my rifle so they are still around for sure.

Do you think unit 96 or 97 is better. Im a non resident and i know alot of 97 is wilderness so 96 would be better for me. Just trying to get an idea for next year. Thanks

unless you have a guide go with 96 because you being a non res you can't hunt in the wilderness unless you have a guide with you.

Thanks for the reply i will go with 96 next year. Do you live near Pinedale?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom