elk hunt 11m arizona

B

billbohunt

I drew a tag for 11m in arizona around flagstaff, if anyone has infomation on this area I would love to here from you.

Are you from Arizona?

>I drew a tag for 11m
>in arizona around flagstaff, if
>anyone has infomation on this
>area I would love to
>here from you.

I'm not from arizona. I live in bridgeport, ca. This is my sixth year putting in.If you every draw nevada or california x-12 I can help out.

I hunted this hunt for 3 years in a row. I live in the center of the unit. It can be good and it can be bad. Fill free to call me I am a guide here in AZ. I offer cheep scouting trips. Good luck..... (928-814-2117

Small world. I practically grew up in Bridgeport. My family has a place up Swauger Canyon.

Sorry, I don't know much about 11M other than it is a suburban hunt. Be prepared for competition from joggers and dog walkers.

question came up about hunting next to house and or peoples property -
during rifle itsillegal to hunt within 1/4 mile of occupied building-
what are the rules for archery ?
I'm sure home owmers permisson for hunting is possable
what kind of legal/tresspassing rules apply ?

Just courious as i really don't know how to answer - other than use common sense - which can differ !- lol

Don't know the rules about distance from buildings for archery, but if a property is not properly posted no trespassing you can hunt it. If however, the owner tells you to leave, you must leave. In AZ it is up to the landowner to post his property....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any limits on distance from houses for archery in flagstaff. I second what the person said above. It's fair game if it's not posted. Most of the elk aren't in town they are out on the fringes mostly forest service land so you don't need to worry too much about private property.

When you make to Flagstaff, Az go to Safeway grocery store on highway 270 and ask to speak with Mgr Kurt. He has hunted 11m many times and can give you some area's to hunt. Tell him Dave sent you.

Woooooooowwww.......the thing I love most about elk hunting is its WILDERNESS experience........

The same rules apply for archery. 1/4 mile from any occupied building, whether its an outhouse or commercial building empty or not. If you see a building structure range it.

I have 2 friends that hunted it about 5 years ago. told me every water had folks set up on it. Seemed like a lot of pressure for a small area. They lucked out the next to last day and took a 390+ bull. Ugly, non-typical. (So beautiful) The other guy ate his tag. Success rate that year was less than 20%.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-11 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]
Bows are not considered firearms & the 1/4 mile law is for discharging a firearm.

Private Property in Arizona (hunting purposes) must be posted, but I would be EXTREMELY cautious in this unit about pushing it. Be cautious of the Flagstaff City limits, as this can be an issue.

In this unit you have potential to be harassed by anti's, so contact the G&F if these issues a rise. Be prepared to see a lot of PEOPLE & hear about 1/4 of the elk sounds you normally hear because the activity.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom