Elk area 34

P

papadew

Any ideas for this area. Can 2 guys draw with 7 points shared.Is there enough public land to hunt? Are there any ranch hunts? Draw odds for last year look like we can draw with 3.5 points each. Sucess was at 48% for nonres. I'm tring to decide what to do because I want to use my points before the rate increase.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]Last year people with 2PPs drew a tag and there were still 8 given to those with less than 2PPs, so I would think 3.5 should draw this year. There is enough public land, both BLM and National Forest, to hunt if you do your homework with good maps and I would strongly suggest that you have a GPS with a landowner chip in it. I have no idea about getting onto private property, but I think you could do okay just on public if you hunt hard and know what you're doing. IMO this is probably one unit for elk that is under the radar a little. You may even want to do a deer/elk combo hunt if deer interests you and you can get the Region Y tag real easy for that area.

>You can/could till you draw a
>bunch of attention to it..never
>fails

So what your saying is that you really like 34 and now that someone asked a question about it your afraid that your great hunting will become crowded.

Thanks for letting me know that unit 34 is a great unit and now I need to spend my points there... how can you expect any unit at all to be kept secret or a sleeper in today's world?

Please realize that Dog is putting you on and there isn't an animal behind every tree, LOL! One thing I always suggest to everyone hunting elk out there is that if you're a bow hunter I'd buy the $30 archery permit and do the September rut hunt to have a really fun time in nicer weather. Then fall back on the rifle hunt in mid October if you don't fill with your bow and can work a second trip in. IMHO Wyoming has a great setup in that in a lot of units you can hunt for 6 or 7 weeks on a tag to soften the blow of that money outlay somewhat. Good luck!

Ya Topgun. I was just joken too. Thats what I was thinking about doing.I will go out in mid september and bow hunt and if not sucessful at least I got some scouting done for rifle season.I just wish there was someone I could talk to that knows that area a little so I could narrow things down a bit and at least have a good starting point.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom