elk and deer hunting on Indian resevation lands

M

Monarch

Can someone direct me to an Indian reservation that allows outsiders to come in and hunt? thanks

there is a place in north eastern utah,i believe it's the northern ute tribe reservation.
you can hunt here free of charge,many different species,you only shoot what you see,make sure you have a 5th of whiskey just in case you run into a ute warden,with this 5th you can trade real valuable infomation.
if you see a herd of elk you shoot as many as you can haul,the deer are an extra and they are so plentiful they are considered a bonus.
turkey dinners come around once in a while,along with dumb chickens,the sage grouse are plentiful and on the res. you shoot as many as you want,plenty of rabbits,load the freezer now is the time.
there are so many cougars you should be able to shoot 3 or 4 in one day and please do.
for the bears,nobody goes home empty,you will see 12 to 15 a day.
please don't bother the coyotes,they are cosidered sacred,and something has got to clean the gutpiles up.i'm sure you already know it's the cougars that need to be shot.
on an average day you will see several bobcats,ferrets,linx,martins,weasel,red fox,grey fox,and wolverine.
the key here is bring plenty of bullets,and i do mean cases of them,whiskey,and several guns.
this is the best place i know of anywhere.
i'm going back soon,they say it's better now than when i was there.
there is so much game on the res. the locals don't even hunt anymore,they say theres no challenge to it,one thing i will guarantee you is you can hunt for days without seeing anybody else hunting,(try finding somewhere like this elsewhere)
one word of warning,the utes don't like you shooting their prarie dogs,don't worry after you see all the big game you won't even be looking.
shoot long and hard and often.

Drummond

Thanks for the information. Would you recomend I tx, email, or wait until the skies clear and blow smoke signals out my ass?

There are aeveral Reservations here in New Mexico that allow Hunting for a fee.

Try the Jicarilla,the Mescalero, or the Navajo Reservations. I believe they all have Websites.

Fees can run as high as $10,000 to $12,000 depending on what you want to Hunt.

Game is plentiful with some real Hogs available.

Hope this helps Good Luck

BILL

Drumm

IF THIS IS THE BEST PLACE ,MAN I'M GLAD I'M NOT HUNTING THE WORST!

I OFTEN WONDERED WHAT IT WAS? OH YA ITS TO EASY AND NO CHALLENGE, THATS WHY US LOCALS DONT GET TO WOUND UP!

COME ON Drumm HAVE YOU REALLY HUNTED THERE?

THE ONLY PUSSYbobcat THAT SHOOTS LONG,HARD AND OFTEN!!!

Hurry and make your reservations with the Jicarilla reservation. Sometimes when they overbook the hunts, they can take them back from you. Just make sure to obey all the laws of the land. Have you ever been in a tribal prison? I have and it was horrible, you don't want to go there.

Cole McKown

Monarch,
Don't know of any tribes just letting hunters in, some will have permits to CROSS their land to get to public lands.But if your not a tribal member of that reservation, you don't hunt.
Like the earlier post said, dish out $10 grand to the jicarilla and you can hunt there.

The Blackfoot Res. in Montana has started selling tags. I don't know how much they cost but they have some huge elk that come out of Glacier Park.

Here in az you can hunt the san carlos 25000 plus trophy fees which could reach 20000 + or the white mountain apache tribe 16900 and up, but they are booked for a few years. The hualapai is around 16000 + fees,but they are also sold out. Cow hunts are available on the white mountain apache, which cost around 350.

mike

if your serious about hunting a rez look at the dakotas,maybe oglala sioux tribe they charge non- tribal members just a grand but call early like NOW and get to know some rangers and they do have big deer just ask some of the rangers to have their friends show you what has been shot in the past few years. and its a dry rez so its illegal for members and non-members to posses alcohol so non-memebrs have to deal with state police or feds on the rez. dont bother asking what the g 16 is cuz they dont give a rats ass about scores but ask them how wide and they will tell you how heavy it was packing out. oh yeah ATVS are considered harrasssing animals so dont bother bringing them its a foot hunt all the way.

san carlos rez in arizona.
first come first served
elk-coues deer-balck bear-moutain lion-turkey-javelina.

elk price range 3k to 25k
coues deer price range $700 to $1500

contact san carlos recreation and wildlife dept.
@ 928-475-2343 for detail prices.

Hell, if you want to come to Washington, I'll get you onto the Colville Rez. for free. There are some dandy mulies and whities in there. Can you ride a horse for a few hours at night? Hahahahahahahaaaaa.
Eric

Blackfeet Reservation - 5 elk tags this year $10,000 per tag (all sold). Two person max - that's including the guide. That means that no more than 20 guys will be in the area at any one time. It also means you cant take any frieds. Usually far fewer than 20 are in the area as there are not that many outfitter/guides for the area and you MUST hire a tribal guide - ad another few $k.

I know this year, so far, two of the tags have been filled. One by a guy who took a bull over 400 points.

There are some nice bulls. This is the first year they have hunted the Boulder Creek area in over 25 years.

Good Luck.

Finalshot

one .300 magnum with leopold scope-$1350.00
one box of .300 shells-$30.00
gear and clothing for hunting trip-$900.00
one elk tag for the Jicarilla Res-$15,000.00

Walking 200 yards opening morning, killing a 400 bull and having the indians load it up in their truck out in the middle of their hayfield. Priceless.

Consider our great Navajo Nation. I think we rival the Jicarilla for monter bucks and elk, except its a much bigger reservation, you have to cover alot more ground and work a little harder for them. It think its alil' cheaper when conpared to some of the other reservations. For a "Do It Yourselfer", consider the Early Archery hunt.

Website is navajofishandwildlife.org

And please no WHISKEY, we are a proud nation and are doing everything we can to curb problem with alcohol abuse. I've been to Baltimore, Memphis, Huntville, LA, San Diego, El Paso, Dallas, to name a few, and the conditions I saw among some of neighborhoods were alot worse than what you would see on our reservation.

I probably going to piss off some of my fellow navajo hunters and outfitters when they see this thread.

Anyway good luck and happy hunting..........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom