Eight mule deer killed...

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
And left to waste

http://nevadagamewarden.org/2016/11/22/eight-mule-deer-killed-and-left-to-waste/

Eight Mule Deer Killed and Left to Waste
November 22, 2016/in Case Files, Edwin Lyngar, Featured, News
Game wardens are actively searching for information after it was discovered that eight mule deer were killed and left to waste over the course of three weeks in September in hunt unit 262 near Mount Charleston.

The Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW) and Operation Game Thief (OGT) are offering a $3,000 reward to help catch the person or persons responsible.

Game wardens discovered several kill sites and believe all the incidents are related, although they haven't ruled out multiple shooters. In a few incidents, a small amount of meat or the antlers were taken, but the vast majority of the animals were left intact, wasting all the meat, which is a separate crime in itself.

?I literally do not have the words to fully explain my disgust at this crime. It takes a special kind of person to illegally kill eight mule deer and then to leave them to rot,? said Chief Game Warden Tyler Turnipseed. ?I know I am not alone in my anger and that's why we are asking the public for its help in solving this case.?

As is often the case, the Operation Game Thief (OGT) Citizens? Board has stepped up to offer a $3,000 reward in hopes of generating tips to solve the case. The citizens? board is a volunteer organization that partners with the OGT program and offers rewards to help solve poaching cases. People who are angered by this senseless crime can donate to OGT to increase the reward offered or to help fund future wildlife cases. Big game poaching in Nevada is a felony.

To report wildlife crime, sportsmen and members of the public can call OGT at (800) 992-3030. Follow Turnipseed on Twitter for the most up to date information on investigations @Chief_GW_NV.

But if it was Utah, I am sure there was some mis communications between the "POACHERS" or "HUNTERS". I am sure they were told they could hunt there too. And I am sure there would be no prosecution of the guilty party. BUT THATS JUST UTAH and lots of monwy was spent in the name of conservation so it was ok.

I hope they do nail these guys in Nevada to the wall for all of us to see.

I sure hope that no good man has his character called into question, or their life ruined by being caught. I mean they are just deer. Havent u ever made a mistake?

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

>I sure hope that no good
>man has his character called
>into question, or their life
>ruined by being caught.
>I mean they are just
>deer. Havent u ever
>made a mistake?
>
>
>
>"The only thing that stops a
>bad guy with a gun
>is a good guy with
>a gun"

Now that was hilarious.

On a serious note I hope they find and prosecute these scumbags

Stake em to an anthill and use it for coyote bait. Too harsh?
How about $10k per animal & permanent loss of hunting rights,anywhere.
A-holes are a dime a dozen it seems.

Poaching is a big problem in my area. Went to limited quota, grew big deer, and scumbags can't handle it. mtmuley

My first thought was a marijuana cartel like in California, but then I remembered Nevada has no water......

>I sure hope that no good
>man has his character called
>into question, or their life
>ruined by being caught.
>I mean they are just
>deer. Havent u ever
>made a mistake?

Justin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom