Egg Rolls

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
So I made Pork Egg Rolls which included glass noodles. It took just over an hour and I made 20 of them. Always have top shelf Soy Sauce as generic sucks. I use Kikkoman.
Resized_20220205_173237_4851.jpg

20220205_181507.jpg

One of my favorites, but use the usual veggies and add chicken and avocado. Then a sirracha aioli or Buffalo dipping sauce!!!

Woodear Mushrooms, Carrots, Green Onions, Garlic and Cabbage. Ground Pork, Glass Noodles, Oyster Sauce, Sugar, Soy Sauce , Seasame Oil , Salt. I didnt make a dipping sauce as I like Soy Sauce only.
We had a side green salad instead of making bacon fried rice.

Woodear Mushrooms, Carrots, Green Onions, Garlic and Cabbage. Ground Pork, Glass Noodles, Oyster Sauce, Sugar, Soy Sauce , Seasame Oil , Salt. I didnt make a dipping sauce as I like Soy Sauce only.
We had a side green salad instead of making bacon fried rice.
No sprouts of any kind?

Dough ???

The problem is the tortillas are just a little too thick. You end up making oriental tacquitos, instead of egg rolls (still good though!!). I have tried steaming them, and re-rolling to get a little thinner, but not as successful. For $2-3 dollars a package, just easier to buy them at any grocery. If you have a pasta machine you can make them on the thinnest setting, but it is more trouble than it's worth!!!

The problem is the tortillas are just a little too thick. You end up making oriental tacquitos, instead of egg rolls (still good though!!). I have tried steaming them, and re-rolling to get a little thinner, but not as successful. For $2-3 dollars a package, just easier to buy them at any grocery. If you have a pasta machine you can make them on the thinnest setting, but it is more trouble than it's worth!!!
I've never made egg rolls either way, so had no idea what the wrappers are like. If that's the case, tho, it makes sense to just buy wrappers. (y)

I need to try them.

Those are what we used. I did read last night after we made them that frozen egg roll wrappers are much better than refrigerated. They can be .add if someone learns patience with a rolling pin.

Your post inspired me to do something I had planned to do for a couple weeks. Instead of egg rolls, tho, I made a bunch of jalapeno poppers. See my post manana.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom