EFFING THIEVES!

CAforkedhorn

Long Time Member
So about 4 months ago I noticed a $270.00 charge on my bank account that I did not authorize. It was a payment to the Gas Company which immediately got my attention because I don't even have gas in my home, I'm all electric. I reported it to my bank and about a week later my money was back with no explanation as to what happened so I chalked it up to someone making a mistake and went about my business.

Last night, I happened to get online to check my bank account and noticed a payment made to Southern California Edison Company which is our electricity provider in the amount of $75.00. This too immediately caught my attention as my electric bill has never been $75.00, it's more like $400.00. Well it just so happens that next to the transaction it lists the Edison account number that the payment is applied to so my inner investigator gets all excited.

I then go to the Edison website and try to register as a new user with that account number but it tells me that that account already is signed up. SHYT! But then I see a little link that says "forgot password" so I click on it and unbelievably the next screen shows the Username with a box to create a new password. So what do I do? Yep, I created a new password, logged in and the next page brought about all the information on this friggin' scumbag who is using my bank account to pay HER bills. Yep, HER as in a woman who has a definate south of the border name, her address and email address too. I then proceed to her recent payments and sure enough,there is the $75.00 payment with my bank account info.

Now I'm pissed! So using my expert hacking skills (sarcasm) I then visit the Gas Company website and as luck would have it, she uses the same Username for her Gas account. So having her Username and her email address, I was able to verify that she is the same person who committed both of these acts of fraud.

Now what to do? My first instinct is to get in my truck and drive straight to her house, gun in hand and demand answers. My wife who is a little more reasonable than I am talked some sense into me telling me that they are criminals and it wouldn't be worth getting into a shoot out over $350.00. So today after work, I went to the local police station with all my evidence and was hot to trot ready for them to go make the arrest. Yeah right! The cop told me they had to turn it over to the fraud investigation unit and that they would be in touch. WTF! Are you shytting me? I already did the damned investigation for them!

I'm thinking I'll give it a few days and if I don't hear anything, I might just have to deputize myself and commit a little police brutality! :) Now I have to go to the bank tomorrow and change the friggen account! :(

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

CAforkedhorn;

In order to get a arrest warrant for the fraud, the cops are going to have to do what you did. Except they will go directly to the S.Cal. Edison company security and get the records to support the use of your account.

These records will be needed to support the charges in court, your way of getting them will not suffice when attacked by the defense.

Give it time and get your account change. I would also complain to the S.Cal. Edison about how easy it is to get into a person's account. What you did was probably what the suspect did to gain your information from your own account.

You better hope that S.CAL. Edison does not have it home base in Texas as some utilities in CA. have. They have a history of not cooperating with law enforcement on fraud investigations. I know from personal experience of doing these type of investigations as a detective. It involved the phone company having a home base in Texas and their security told me that they did not have to give me the information I needed in a fraud investigation as they did not have to go by CA. laws

They sent me the information I requested after I threaten to contact authorities in Sacramento and seeing if we could get their license pulled to conduct business in CA.

RELH

Same EXACT thing happened to my wife about 3 weeks ago. Except the 2nd charge was to a wireless provider. It was a mexican lady as well that my wife has done buisness with, we think she lifted her acct and routing #'s from a check she had been paid with and then did the "pay by check over the phone" deal. We got the run around for a few days from the local PD untill I called a buddy of mine who happens to be the mayor. It should be handed over to the DA this week.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

RELH, I understand the whole process but it just sucks that it is so easy for them to commit these crimes and then so hard to prosecute them. I'm actually hoping that this is tied to two burglaries that I had at my house. I told the cop today about the burglaries and that if this lady was involved, she could have stolen checks from my house that I never noticed. He didn't seem too interested in those details and it was a little frustrating because it's a small town so it's not like they are busy investigating serial killers or anything like that. I'm frustrated because I felt like I presented him with enough evidence that he could have made an arrest. Who knows, maybe they will and I'm just venting a little.

I had someone forge my name to a credit document at BIG O tires in Visalia, CA in 94. They got $2200 worth of shocks struts and tires.

I complained; they said to file a police report and submit handwriting samples. They balked; I told them that their manager must have been complicit as the handwriting matched that of an ex GF and for him to 'think' that a 5'3" woman with 38Cs was me was insane. I'm about 6'1, 240 with no man boobs, thank you. They then accused me of being a part of it. I lawyered up and they ended up settling out of court for more than the tires were worth. Azzholes.

I will never, ever set foot in a BIG O store.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Its time to make a citizens arrest or just Burn her house down. lol
let us know how the investigation goes.

Lol Forky!! Thanks for doing your part by paying her electric bill. We are all patiently awaiting her child's birth so we can pay for that. What a joke!! Sorry it happened to you!

when i first read the topic i thought it said "EEfing" thieves... I was thinkig to myself, what the H#LL is EEfing???

that's my one retard moment of the day, or just my first.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Know just how you feel - got an interesting call from our credit card company last week. It appears that someone tried to use our card for purchases of over $200 and $300 at a Wal-Mart and over $45 for a Wendy's in Wisconsin (how the HELL do you spend over $45 at Wendy's????). Luckily the card was denied all three times, which sent up flags big time and the CC company ended up closing our account, issuing new cards and informing the credit bureaus. We asked if there was any investigation being done, they said yes but very little will probably happen IF they can even pinpoint the individuals because #1 it was for such a small amount and #2 the card was denied so there really is no evidence and attempted theft by fraud is not a very pursuable crime in Wisconsin.

HOOK 'EM!

Tell us the truth forkie was it a Schwanegger thing and you gave out your personal information for favors from the maid?

Seriously I'm sorry and hope you get it worked out. It was too good an opportunity to pass up. Good Luck

Maybe thats how California gets the money for.....the DREAM ACT....

I couldn't sleep at night knowing where that S.O.B. lived... .223

Hope you can get them arrested and I hope you get all your money back.

CAforkedhorn;

Give it about a week. If you have not heard anything then from the P.D., go into the P.D. and inquire about the status of your case.

If you do not get a good answer or feel you are getting the runaround, ask to speak to a supervisior and complain to him.

Just because the responding cop did not "seem interested" in the informtion you told him, does not mean he did not put it into his report. The uniformed cop that took the report from you will not be doing the investigation. He just writes the intial report and will submit it to the detective division for followup investigation by them. This is standard procedure even in small P.D.s unless they are so small they do not have a detective division.

RELH

Corny, I knew I could count on you to make a funny out of this! That's what I get for venturing out of the Political Forum. LOL! Rest assured though that justice will be served either by law enforcement or vigilante!

RELH, I'll keep you posted how the PD investigation goes. I know there are procedures but us victims want justice NOW! LOL!

For things that "don't make the paper", it can be VERY difficult to get the police to do ANYTHING that resembles common sense. They will have a great many explanations about how things work in their (professional) world.

I think the odds are 50/50 they attempt to do anything!

You'd better change your accounts as quickly as possible and you can get your money back from the bank.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

"For things that "don't make the paper", it can be VERY difficult to get the police to do ANYTHING that resembles common sense. They will have a great many explanations about how things work in their (professional) world.
I think the odds are 50/50 they attempt to do anything!"

Really?? :7 Nothing like a little arm chair quarter-backing..... ;-) I'll have to assume you're joking on that comment.

CAforkedhorn, I hope justice is served.

S.

:)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-11 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]Key word is "HER"! Confront the b!ich. If she's hot demand some sort of restitution. If she's a fat ugly whore sick RELH on her. He'd dust her for change... being a retired civil servant & all.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-11
>AT 07:35?PM (MST)

>
>Key word is "HER"! Confront the
>b!ich. If she's hot demand
>some sort of restitution. If
>she's a fat ugly whore
>sick RELH on her. He'd
>dust her for change... being
>a retired civil servant &
>all.
>
>Slick

Problem solved. Forkie, why do you over complicate things?

haha, great advice here.

>Should have turned off the power
>if you had the account
>info....

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Check out the front page of the local paper. "CTIZEN SLEUTH"
vvdailypress.com
This is about the same thing, Pretty cool seeing how you can catch with them. Now OUR police act alot faster then your police do.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Should have turned off the power
>if you had the account
>info....

LMAO! I never even thought about this! F*CKING BRILLIANT! Guess what I'll be doing first if the police do nothing. Oh yeah, the power will be out! I don't know though. If it were all dark outside at night, some crazy person would have a much easier time slashing all of her tires. :)

You are being too kind to someone who has proven they deserve nothing.

Peace on them; shut the power as soon as you can.

>>Should have turned off the power
>>if you had the account
>>info....
>
>
>
>LMAO! I never even thought
>about this! F*CKING BRILLIANT!
> Guess what I'll be
>doing first if the police
>do nothing. Oh yeah,
>the power will be out!
> I don't know though.
> If it were all
>dark outside at night, some
>crazy person would have a
>much easier time slashing all
>of her tires. :)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Piper, how's your period?
>
>Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!
>
>
>440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!
>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom