Eel's wild ride...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I'm not sure how he did it but this guys sure took him for a ride.

https://youtu.be/VJnxYsZNzwM

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

True story. I was kayak fishing last summer out of Trinidad for lingcod with a whole herring and I hooked something big. It took off headed east (toward China). I locked down the drag hoping to break my 45lb braid or pull the hook out. All that did was start pulling the kayak. I just grabbed my knife and cut the line. I'm too old and smart for that. :) I think it was a Thresher shark.

You could have been another "Old Man in the Sea" Steve.

I remember watching that movie as a kid. Was rooting hard for the old Man. Too Far!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You need a kayak equipped with twin CATS Eel.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

China??? ....huh eel???.....I better recheck my Globe. Wouldn't east take you into the rocks??

Thanks Eel, i don't recognize their name or the faces but cool, glad to see that some of the younger guys(and you too Steve) are getting out and doing it in our outdoors!

That's how i'd want to play that game, hook em, play them, land them. I do though, know that thresher sharks can come in much bigger sizes so there's judgements that should to be made in the interests of safety.

Did i tell you that when i was little, that i was dead set on someday hooking and landing a whale? lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom