Eel

RELH

Long Time Member
Do not plan on going crabbing in Shelter Cove. They have an alert on toxic crabs for that area and most of the central to Northern CA. coast.
Must be all those homeless and illegals crapping in the ocean.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-19 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]It can't be all the crap in the water. It must be man made global warning. Ask Newsom.

North of Shelter Cove is clear and I plan on going Thursday. Don't eat the crab butter (guts), which I never do anyway but some old timers like it. I back and clean the crabs before cooking now instead of cooking them whole.

Early reports are the crabs aren't real full right now so the commercial season has been delayed. But when the commercial season starts it's best to pull your gear and get out of their way. They take no prisoners.

Fishing Reports
11-3-19 We made two crab trips this morning. The crabbing is not red hot but everyone went home with their limits. The quality of the crab is pretty good with most fairly filled out but a few that are not there yet.

11-2-19 Opening day of crab season! The ocean was glass flat all day. We set pots around 8am and let them soak for about five hours before our first pull. The pots averaged about five big keepers per pot. We are having some for dinner so then we will know what condition they are in. They look pretty good to me. Yum, crab!

Eel my favorite place to spend a week and go crabbing was Florence, Oregon. Good salmon fishing in the river and the crabbing in the mouth of the bay was GREAT on several trips. Limits were easy most of the time and good size on the crabs. I will take crab over lobster any time of the day, better flavor.

RELH

Oregon is still better than California by a long shot. I need to get the out of state license and fish up there more.

That's one of the things I mis living now in Colorado the Fresh Crab the other thing is homemade Italian deer sausage

>Why chance it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

The dead giveaway was once crabbers were filling traps baited with used needles.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

11-7-19 The fog was still so thick that you could cut it with knife but that didn't stop our intrepid crew from making their way out to the crab grounds. Once there we began to pull in pots with nice, big Dungeness crabs. Soon we were headed back to the dock with limits of crab destined for the dinner table.

Oh,yeah.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom