EEL, WALNUT TREE

RELH

Long Time Member
Eel I told my son about you suggesting that you would help me to drop that huge walnut tree that is in front of the farm house if I gave you half the wood. My son stated that if he should see you near the farm house with chain saw in hand, he will introduce you to his 300 Weatherby rifle.
Here is two more photos of the tree that was planted around 1884 when the Victorian farm house was built. In one photo you can see the roof line of the house to the right and the top of the copula is 40 feet above ground and the tree is about double that height. Second photo has my daughter in law standing in front of the tree to give you an idea of the size of the trunk. Those big limbs in the photo are over 33 inches in dia. This tree is a black walnut tree. There is another tree in back of the house that is about 3/4 the size of this tree and it is a English, Bastone , walnut tree.
RELH

000_0354.JPG

000_0358.JPG

Yes a lot of mistletoe in the tree, we had a professional arborist check the tree and he stated the tree is still healthy and growing. If it should show signs of dying, it will be sold to the highest bidder. That will probably be a veneer maker. The English walnut tree in back does not have any mistletoe in it's limbs.

RELH

When do the oranges get ripe? We could get hungry cutting those trees down. I'm going to have to have 75% for that walnut tree next to those power lines.

Eel I told my son about you suggesting that you would help me to drop that huge walnut tree that is in front of the farm house if I gave you half the wood. My son stated that if he should see you near the farm house with chain saw in hand, he will introduce you to his 300 Weatherby rifle.
Here is two more photos of the tree that was planted around 1884 when the Victorian farm house was built. In one photo you can see the roof line of the house to the right and the top of the copula is 40 feet above ground and the tree is about double that height. Second photo has my daughter in law standing in front of the tree to give you an idea of the size of the trunk. Those big limbs in the photo are over 33 inches in dia. This tree is a black walnut tree. There is another tree in back of the house that is about 3/4 the size of this tree and it is a English, Bastone , walnut tree.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom