Eel -- Not only football

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Not sure if you're into b-ball, but it seems BC is after another state title. Starts in about 1 1/2 hrs.

Watch Rutgers vs BC live

1647113911065.png

Wrestlers also did good...
1647114301118.png

1647114161153.png

It looks like BC continues to roll on.

I've never been a huge basketball fan, but I was at every home game in my senior year of high school. I was the president of the Forestry Club, and we had an ice cream concession stand at all the home basketball games and I was in charge of it.

I always set up as close to the cheerleaders as I could, and I couldn't resist giving free Bon Bon's to the girls. That was the only year that the Forestry Club lost money. It helped me though. I got voted most likely to succeed in Industrial Arts that year.

It looks like BC continues to roll on.

I've never been a huge basketball fan, but I was at every home game in my senior year of high school. I was the president of the Forestry Club, and we had an ice cream concession stand at all the home basketball games and I was in charge of it.

I always set up as close to the cheerleaders as I could, and I couldn't resist giving free Bon Bon's to the girls. That was the only year that the Forestry Club lost money. It helped me though. I got voted most likely to succeed in Industrial Arts that year.
I always thought you were a big softie for Bon Bon girls. :ROFLMAO:

BC has a 'sister' all-girl school that supplies the cheerleaders. We didn't have that when I was there. Instead, there were three males. Not sure if they liked Bon Bons or not.

Two of my best friends were stars on the B-Ball team. One was all-state & married one of my wife's girlfriends. He did very well later in life, becoming a millionaire via a medical software company he owned. As a result, he donated lots of money to BC. The gym, known as Hoehl Auditorium, is named after him. We had breakfast together one morning at our hotel when we had our 50 yr. reunion in 2009. He died about 5 years ago.

I always thought you were a big softie for Bon Bon girls. :ROFLMAO:

BC has a 'sister' all-girl school that supplies the cheerleaders. We didn't have that when I was there. Instead, there were three males. Not sure if they liked Bon Bons or not.

Two of my best friends were stars on the B-Ball team. One was all-state & married one of my wife's girlfriends. He did very well later in life, becoming a millionaire via a medical software company he owned. As a result, he donated lots of money to BC. The gym, known as Hoehl Auditorium, is named after him. We had breakfast together one morning at our hotel when we had our 50 yr. reunion in 2009. He died about 5 years ago.
How many people actually know what Bon Bons are? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

How many people actually know what Bon Bons are? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I distinctly remember them from my pre-teen years in the early 1950s. I often spent weekends at grandma's where my unmarried aunt still lived. On Sat. she would finish her cleaning chores & take me to the movies in Passaic, NJ. Besides popcorn, my favorite snack was a box of BonBons. They came in a 6-7" long box with like 5 or 6 frozen chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream BBs. They were kinda like a little, round stickless Eskimo pop.

1647186008032.png

Last edited:
They had BonBons at movie theaters forever. Not sure if they do anymore.
Probably so.

I haven't been to an indoor movie theater in about 50 yrs. Last show I saw indoors was 'Le Mans' with Steve McQueen in the early 1970s. After that, it was drive-ins only with 'The Hunt For Red October' in 1990 or so as the last movie in any theater. We always carted our own snacks to the drive-ins.

Last edited:
I liked the outdoor theaters. I haven't been to one since high-school 1977 in Lewiston Idaho. It was a horror flick called The Great Spider Invasion. I was making out with my girlfriend and someone threw a container of spiders on my Mustang roof. There was spiders crawling all over the car so we left. I'm not making this up and we were sober. I think we were just the unlucky people the perpetrators chose on the spot.

I liked the outdoor theaters. I haven't been to one since high-school 1977 in Lewiston Idaho. It was a horror flick called The Great Spider Invasion. I was making out with my girlfriend and someone threw a container of spiders on my Mustang roof. There was spiders crawling all over the car so we left. I'm not making this up and we were sober. I think we were just the unlucky people the perpetrators chose on the spot.
You had me cracking up.:ROFLMAO: So did all the spiders disappear while you drove??

You had me cracking up.:ROFLMAO: So did all the spiders disappear while you drove??
Yes, they blew off the car. The next day some girls walked by and were singing some song about making out at the Drive-In. So I was sure they were the ones. I've always wondered where they caught the spiders.

Yes, they blew off the car. The next day some girls walked by and were singing some song about making out at the Drive-In. So I was sure they were the ones. I've always wondered where they caught the spiders.
I would have been like you. I hate spiders.

A few weeks ago, I went out in my workshop & started to open the door to the yard. As I grabbed the knob, I felt a sticky web & pulled back immediately. A fat black widow instantly appeared under the knob. I had a flying insect spray sitting on my table saw, so I used it. It was enough to make the spider drop to the floor where I stepped on it.

When I went to drive-in in NJ with my girlfriend, they drove down the aisles in the summer months spraying for mosquitos. In the winter, they handed out little electric heaters that plugged into the speaker post.

I would have been like you. I hate spiders.

A few weeks ago, I went out in my workshop & started to open the door to the yard. As I grabbed the knob, I felt a sticky web & pulled back immediately. A fat black widow instantly appeared under the knob. I had a flying insect spray sitting on my table saw, so I used it. It was enough to make the spider drop to the floor where I stepped on it.

When I went to drive-in in NJ with my girlfriend, they drove down the aisles in the summer months spraying for mosquitos. In the winter, they handed out little electric heaters that plugged into the speaker post.
We had a problem with Hobos last summer. I wore my boots when working in the garden and I hated harvesting the ground level produce wondering if I would grab one. I am not afraid if I can see one but hate thinking I might not see one first.

We had a problem with Hobos last summer. I wore my boots when working in the garden and I hated harvesting the ground level produce wondering if I would grab one. I am not afraid if I can see one but hate thinking I might not see one first.
I don't think we have them around here. Mostly widows with a few brown recluses, but we've never had the latter around the house. I used to have the yard sprayed monthly but haven't done it for 2+ years now.

In 40+ yrs. in this house, only one scorpion. That was a few months ago on the kitchen floor. I think it came in with the groceries, maybe in a sack of taters. I can't think of any other way it would have got into the house & I've never seen one in the yard.

Is that not how a true campfire conversation goes, this conversation went from a guy talking about his hometown basketball season to talking about drive-in movies to talking about spiders.
Got to love a good campfire conversation.

Is that not how a true campfire conversation goes, this conversation went from a guy talking about his hometown basketball season to talking about drive-in movies to talking about spiders.
Got to love a good campfire conversation.
Yessir. We cover the world, often in the same message. :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom