Eel, need your help!!!!

RELH

Long Time Member
Eel I am in trouble and my Cuz may end up disowning me over this. As you know I do a lot of pistol shooting at my backyard pistol range. All that shooting requires a lot of gun cleaning also.

I can be a cheap feudist and instead of using those small bottles of expensive gun cleaning fluid, I make my own gun cleaner-lubricant a gallon at a time. It is called "Ed's Red" and based on a formula that was used by the Springfield Arsenal before WW11.

It consist of equal parts of Dexron 111 automatic transmission fluid, 100% odorless mineral spirits and kerosene. The Springfield Arsenal used sperm oil in place of the ATF that was not invented at that time. Some shooters also add a equal part of acetone. I do not use the acetone as it is not needed for a good cleaning and it has a habit of evaporating over long storage. Darn good cleaner and it leaves a fine thin coat of lubricant on the gun to protect from rust also.

I was going to clean a pistol this evening in the shop. Went to get my "Ed's Red" that I keep in a hand spray bottle and it was out. Went to the gallon container, I make a gallon at a time, and it was almost out. Had enough to clean the pistol.

Went to the shop storage shelves and found a quart of Dexron 111 transmission fluid, a quart of odorless mineral sprits, & acetone, but I WAS OUT OF KEROSENE. Can you believe that, a descendent of the feuding Hatfields is out of kerosene!

I know you camped out at Cuz's shelter cove cabin and got into his stash of kerosene and lit his cabin afire. By any small chance did you take some of his kerosene home? If you did, please send me 2 quarts. One quart for making the "Ed's red" gun cleaner-lubricant. The second quart to have on hand in the event one my marijuana growing neighbors get out of hand and I have to light his place afire to teach him a lesson.

RELH

Sorry your feeling a touch melancholy this evening REL. Hope eel sooth your troubled soul.

DC

RELH, I would gladly send you a couple quarts of kerosene if I had any left. Unfortunately, I'm fresh out. Those houses over there on the ocean at Shelter Cove sit in the fog most of the time and don't burn very well, so I had to use it all. Good thing my friend brought a fan and a big generator or we might not have done as well as we did. My other friend called the fire department so it would look like an accident, but he gave them the wrong address. That also bought more time.

I can hook you up with some sperm whale oil though if you really want to make a true traditional batch. We have to keep it to ourselves though. Send me a PM if you want some.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Eel you be careful harpooning one of those sperm whales while in your kayak. You just might be in for the ride of your life. If you get one, send me a gallon or two and I will make a batch of the original recipe and let you know if it is as good as using the ATF Dexron 111.

RELH

Eel.
Is that why all those dead whales keep showing up on the beaches south of you downcurrant?
Maybe you are stretching the limits of your At-Lat chucking ability......just sayin'

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom