Eel another closeup

RELH

Long Time Member
60299img6526.jpg

60299img6526.jpg

RELH, when I first saw it I thought you sneaked into town and took a photo, but I couldn't recall seeing it here.

It's beautiful and came out great. Good choice of colors that match the period. Very appropriately done.

Do a search for Carson Mansion to see the most famous Victorian in Redwood country. It was built by William Carson in 1884. He was a big timber barren.

Nothing Fancy could ever be built without a Solid Foundation.

I would enjoy seeing that :)

The wood is great and so is everything. Wish it were mine in a way.

Jagerdad :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-18 AT 00:55AM (MST)[p]Eel is the Carson mansion the one in Ft. Bragg that has been fully restored and is very ornate.

RELH

Eel I did a search of the Carson mansion and know now that it is located in your home town. Bonnie and I have missed seeing that building during the few times we have been in Eureka.
To build that Victorian today would run over 10 million to duplicate the fine ornate detail in the mansion.

It's kind of ironic, as I was fishing in the Bay yesterday looking over at the Carson Mansion recalling the old days. The house was built on a hill overlooking the sawmill and shipping dock that William Carson and John Dolbeer owned. My father in law worked at that mill until it was sold in 1950.

I was fishing for halibut in my kayak but only managed to catch two leopard sharks, about 4' long. Fun to catch but released before me or the sharks were harmed. You don't want a 4 foot leopard shark in the kayak with you. :)

>I was fishing for halibut in
>my kayak but only managed
>to catch two leopard sharks,
>about 4' long. Fun to
>catch but released before me
>or the sharks were harmed.
>You don't want a 4
>foot leopard shark in the
>kayak with you. :)

Sissy

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Eel, I need to loan you my blackjack so you can "thump" those sharks real good and put them in kayak with you between your feet.
You be careful out there!

RELH

justr, easy for you to say living in the Dakotas 500 miles from the nearest shark. :D

Thanks RELH. I'm happy to send them on their way. I have a Jennings J22 that I keep handy in case a seal gets too aggressive though.

>justr, easy for you to say
>living in the Dakotas 500
>miles from the nearest shark.
>:D
>

Lol ya im about as far from an ocean as you can get.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom