Edumacation

justr_86

Long Time Member
How many of you guys have degrees? What in? I don't, I don't have a attention span...

My wife has her bachelors in bio and has her teaching cert and just finished her masters in geology. Before you ask I'm not sure how I suckered her into marrying me, but whatever I did it worked!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I wish I would've stayed in school and got a degree in anything other than drinkotology!

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

She's looking for the right job but for now she is a full time circus trainer. She stays home with my 2 year old Weston.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

You get up every morning 'fore the sun comes up
Toss a lunchbox into a pickup truck
A long, hard day sure ain't much fun
But you've gotta get it started if you wanna get it done
You set your mind and roll up your sleeves
You're workin' on a working man's Ph.D.

With your heart in your hands and the sweat on your brow
You build the things that really make the world go around
If it works, if it runs, if it lasts for years
You bet your bottom dollar it was made right here
With pride, honor and dignity
From a man with a working man's Ph.D.

Now there ain't no shame in a job well done
From driving a nail to driving a truck
As a matter of fact I'd like to set things straight
A few more people should be pullin' their weight
If you wanna cram course in reality
You get yourself a working man's Ph.D.

When the quittin' whistle blows and the dust settles down
There ain't no trophies or cheering crowds
You'll face yourself at the end of the day
And be damn proud of whatever you've made
Can't hang it on the wall for the world to see
But you've got yourself a working man's Ph.D.

Now there ain't no shame in a job well done
From driving a nail to driving a truck
As a matter of fact I'd like to set things straight
A few more people should be pullin' their weight
If you wanna cram course in reality
You get yourself a working man's Ph.D.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-11 AT 04:19PM (MST)[p]While a lot of the guys around here don't have a B.S. degree, everyone here has a degree in B.S.

I have a degree on paper but my most valuable life lessons have come from the College of Hard Knocks from which I still have a full ride scholarship.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I've got a Degree in 'Why The Mule Deer Herd SUCKS in Utah'
sw & others have taught me for years it's the 'Lions' Fault:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

But the first couple years of my MM Phd came from Pro:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

"I have a degree on paper but my most valuable life lessons have come from the College of Hard Knocks from which I still have a full ride scholarship."

I figured your life lessons have come from a "Collection of Hard Cocks"....and, yes, you gotta full ride! LMAO!!

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

I went to college for 4 years studying to be a wildlife biologist. At the end of 4 years I decided I didn't want to become a ward of the State, so I dropped out. Back then, the only job you could get was for the government. Now, lots of private companies hire wildlife biologists, but mostly to keep the government off their backs.

If I had it to do over, I would have toughed it out and milked the system with the rest of them.

Eel

Sometimes you have to walk away from a fencing fight and say Touche'. I just got poked by Whizzer.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>I went to college for 4
>years studying to be a
>wildlife biologist. At the end
>of 4 years I decided
>I didn't want to become
>a ward of the State,
>so I dropped out. Back
>then, the only job you
>could get was for the
>government. Now, lots of private
>companies hire wildlife biologists, but
>mostly to keep the government
>off their backs.
>
>If I had it to do
>over, I would have toughed
>it out and milked the
>system with the rest of
>them.
>
>Eel

No you wouldn't.

No degree for me . Heck I barely made it through high school . I had a schlorship through my old mans work so I gave the ol community college a try and did as many under water basket weaving classes as I could do , but it just wasn't for me .

I work with guys that have some big fancy degrees and are still paying off big sums on their student loans , and they only make 50 bucks a month more than me with the degree . Of course things are different now in the work force and I think if a person is young they should do every thing they can to get all the edumacation they can .

Eel, you left out the part where you majored in violin for two semesters in the Feel Harmonic.

3923violin.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have a business, but went back to school at 37 to get an RN. I will graduate just in time for the archery deer/elk hunt. Work three 12's a week and I am free to hunt.

I am a year and a half away from a doctorate in pharmacy.

I wanted an easy job that paid well, and pharmacy fit that. I will have a lot of student loans though.

I have exactly 19 months and 26 days left of benefits on my Post911 GI Bill...and I intend to milk every last day!! I'll have my business management degree one day but who knows if I'll actually use it...

~Z~

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Broadcast Communications; Radio & TV Broadcast with a minor in Political Science.

I'm a chauffeur, coach and wild beast tamer now though. I love my beasts. Working with them sure beats the hell out of working! ;-)

msy- Nice choice of fields. I have a friend who is a pharmacist. A couple of years ago she got a "bonus" of $30K to sign a 2 year contract with CVS as a pharmacist. She makes $60 an hour. She said there's a big shortage of pharmacists for the amount of meds the doctors are shoveling out nowadays.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

I went to school for a long long long time. Doesn't that count for something?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

A professor at the University of Utah was giving a lecture on 'Involuntary Muscular Contractions' to his first year medical students.

Realizing this was not the most riveting subject, the professor decided to lighten the mood slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and asked, 'Do you know what your A##hole is doing while you're having an orgasm?'

She replied, 'Probably deer hunting with his buddies.'

Tag, that was a good one.

BS in Physical Education, and a clear CA teaching credential. All from good ol' CSU Fresno. Go Bulldogs!!! pc

I've got a BS in Manufacturing Engineering, Math minor. I got a job in a barely-related field, but my degree helps my pay grade and seniority.

Bachelors in Microbiology, minor in Chemistry, Masters in Business. Taxidermy and company reimbursement paid for school, no loans. Would do it over again in a second.

When I was scrapping to make ends meet in school, driving a POS and eating 99 cent burgers, all while my non-college buddies were driving brand new pickups and had all the toys, I really questioned whether what I was doing would be of benefit in the long run. Looking back now, it was, no question!

Get in, or stick it out if you're contemplating. JACO is right, that piece of paper does matter, even as much as some may tell you otherwise.

I have a PhD. in Scatology with an emphasis in Bovine.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

BS in Animal Science. Should have went to vet school, but now I have the best of both worlds working for a Veterinary supply distributor.

BS in Computer Science (Systems Integration emphasis).

Sure my degree helps me with regard to pay, etc. But the reason I got my degree was to heed the advice of my old man (there's no one I respect more in this life than my dad). He was always an advocate for pursuing as much education as a person could get (formal and informal learning). He felt it was good for the soul to always challenge yourself one way or another, and keep your mind stimulated with new things.

As far as lessons learned from the school of hard knocks... getting my degree was one I'll never forget. Probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. It was never about learning a specific trade, or becoming an expert in a certain field. For me it was about perseverance, and sticking with something until the goal is reached or the task is finished. That lesson there will take me much further in life than anything I learned in school. For that reason I'm glad I stuck it out.

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

1 class away from a AAS in Agri. Business. Don't know if i'll ever finish it because i work oil field and make better money doing this than i could doing something that involves my degree. Guess if i ever need it i can get it easy enough.

I am working on an AS in Nursing at a local community college here in New Mexico, I am on the fence right now about transferring to the university that the community college is affiliated with and try to do my BS in Nursing.
WVBOWAK

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]arnold_jeremiah, My brother got his MS in that. Worked at a bank, retired as VP. Now he does appraisals for farm ranch land and makes a lot of money. That might be another thing for you to think about.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>Well Imo most MMers have a
>BS in BS just saying
>!!!

You have a Masters in common sense, I see!:)

Eel

i have a B.S. in agriculture business management and an Masters in Business Administration. not that it is working for me, just working my arse off to pay off the student loans.

>But the first couple years of
>my MM Phd came from
>Pro:D
>

ROFLMMFAO!

Damn I like you bessy! I needed a good friggin laugh!

Lets see, i graduated from high school and was working as a roustabout makin $800/month. Then I met qtip. she said I should follow her to texas tech so like an idiot I went. I attended from 1999 until 2000, took off for 6 months and worked, then went back in 2001 for two more semesters before going back to work again permanently.

So I guess I only attended college for just shy of 3 years. And I'm still paying back those friggin unsubsidized student loads. Oh yeah I almost forgot. I married qtip before I went to college and we had our first kid my first year. Talk about stress. But we did figure out how to puree ramon noodles and get it in our sons bottle. We were all livin on ramon noodles and 29 cent taco bell nights lol.

and my degree don't matter. I don't use it anymore so i'm a noone.

Bachelor of Science in Construction Management. Got me the job I have today but it didn't teach me half of what I have learned from being out here in the field. Trying to decide whether I want to take the proj mgmt or field supervision route.

College was a hell of a time though.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

In 3 weeks I'll have an Associate of Science in Business Degree. Ne real reason of getting other than to have something to show for my time and money. I've always had good jobs so a degree was never a real necessity. I also am a Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser. It took me almost 5 years to get certified as an appraiser under ideal circumstances.

Finished my AAS in Natural Resources Management in 2008....Finally enrolled this fall for my BBA in Management.Finished HS in 04 and still dont know what im doing now....hopefully ill finish my BS degree sooner than i think. lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom