Economy trouble

Zigga

Long Time Member
So what is the reason our economy is taking a dive? Could it be the gas prices? Overspending? Bernake seems to be pi$$ing down his leg. George wants to give us all money and just add it to the defecit. CHA CHING! I'll gladly take that money just to put gas in my car. WHAT A DOPE! AND YES, THIS IS A RANT! Like I said when he took office, "we'll be in full speed reverse." Yet I was hopeful. But hey, we only had one terrorist attack on U.S. soil. As if that makes everything ok. One was too many.

GMAFB!!!

A war. A Democratic Congress, their social programs, and total lack of trying to change anything (all so they can blame everything on the Republican Administration in an attempt to get a leg-up on the Presidential Election). Day Traders, Future Speculators (Energy, Oil), China. People expecting something for nothing and they want it NOW (ARMs, no interest loans, credit cards). Gas, health care, nonresident tag fees. That will about do it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-08 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]
which party had 6 years to clean things up but did nothing but spend us into oblivian, turn the world against us, and split the nation only to make things worse then when they arrived?

BTW, you seen OBL's head on a platter yet?

This stimulus plan is stupid, $700 or $800 dollars on the average, that's about two fill ups at the gas station. most people will just use it to survive of keep the bill collectors away another month, that's all good but it isn't going to do much to jolt the economy. it's just taking consumer debt and adding it to the national debt, big shocker that Bush would add to the debt now isn't it.

I agree Dude. It's just treating the symptom and not the disease. It's like giving a heroin addict one more fix.

Eel

"A war. A Democratic Congress, their social programs, and total lack of trying to change anything (all so they can blame everything on the Republican Administration in an attempt to get a leg-up on the Presidential Election). Day Traders, Future Speculators (Energy, Oil), China. People expecting something for nothing and they want it NOW (ARMs, no interest loans, credit cards). Gas, health care, nonresident tag fees. That will about do it."

+2

Archery is a year round commitment!!

How can you blame the dems in congress? all the factors leading up to this downturn were in play BEFORE they took back the majority a year ago. Bush ran the debt up more than ANY president in history BEFORE the dems had any control what so ever and he still has a year to add to his tab. nice try, congress may not be helping but they didn't cause it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-08 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]Dude,

+1, it's hard to figure why some people think that the Dems having 51% of the congress for about a year could have caused all these problems. For me it all boils down to the fact the no President, Rep or Dem, has ever addressed the need to be energy self sufficient. (got to give Jimmy Carter a little credit, he tried to put us on that path, maybe the only good thing he did. It was shut down by Reagan)

Brazil is 85% energy self sufficient mostly by using it's agriculture to produce fuels, if they can do it why won't we?

Beanman

I think in the past because oil was so cheap and today because we have oil interest in the whitehouse. look at how the oil companies are dragging their feet distributing the ethanol we have right now, if it weren't for the new energy bill forced on Bush by the dems we still wouldn't force them to sell the stuff.

Another intersting point is look at how the Gov of Montana has fought with Bush for clean oil from coal research, Bush always promises funding and never delivers. the Nazis used it in WWII but Bush doesn't see the need or interest for it today.

There's much more we can do to reduce our need for foreign oil and maybe reduce the price in the process. the next administration regaurdless of who it is will be forced to take action, it's about time.

I didn't blame it on the Dems, but they are part of the problem. People arn't being honest with themselves if they think otherwise. The system is the problem. I get tired of the "Dems are the better party because Bush sucks". The economy was in a down-turn when Bush took over from Clinton. Bush turned it around. Now he is experiencing the same scenario.

Why can't we be like Brazil in energy? Well, they have sugar cane to make alternative fuels and are located in a tropical clime. No winters mean no real need for heating oil/propane/natgas to heat their buildings for 5 months in 12. They don't drive their cars like we do, 2 hours a day to work. They aren't a rich country with an attitude of glutony. I doubt many Brazilians are driving their 12 MPG, $38,000 pick-up 350 miles round trip and unloading their ATV in an attempt to find a muley buck. And they surely wouldn't drive out and check on it 5 more times before the season starts.

WELL Zigga Zigga!!!

I JUST HEARD LITTLE GEORGE HAS DONE 'ONE' GOOD THING WHILE IN OFFICE THE LAST EIGHT YEARS!!!

HE WANTS TO MAKE IT "TWO" THINGS BEFORE HE LEAVES!!!

LIKE WE'VE GOT THE MONEY FOR THIS BULL$HIT!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

The problem with Ethonal is that it takes away from the food crops, therefore driving the prices up of food, which has a domino effect on everything that we do. The more Ethonal that we produce, the more food will cost. The problem is we need to be self sufficient, but as it was stated in another post, we overspend and its not going to stop. I talked to an oil engineer in the Vernal field this last summer and he said that there is more oil there than there is in the entire middle east. But then he said why use ours when we can use theirs...what a great way to look at it. Lets go start a war, then ask them if we can finance their side of it by buying all their oil...makes a lot of sense to me. It was in a downward spiral before, but the mortgage meltdown in May pretty much concreted our demise. Its too bad.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

RE: WELL Zigga Zigga!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-08 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]Packout please! There is already one guy on here that contradicts himself with every other sentence we don't need 2.

A war, a dem congress...Oh! I wasn't blaming the dem congress. Don't piss on my neck and tell me it's raining!

Packout, placing blame to the guilty party is not complimenting the opposing party. This is not a see-saw! When was the last time you heard the GOP talking about Newt's Contract for America?

This boiling point has been building up for the last 7 years when housing markets started to leap in appreciation. Our whole economic turnaround since 9/11 has relied upon people tapping into their home equity. George should have been worried by the staggering amount of home ownership. Instead he used it as a rallying cry of how his administration was kicking butt on the economy.

Perot said it best, "Hear that sucking sound, that is the sound of all of our economic wealth heading overseas." How can you stimulate an economy with a huge trade imbalance, which no longer has a strong manufacturing base.

If George had invested the Iraq money into our nation's infrastructure, manufacturing development, trade imbalance, alternative fuels, prison reform, border protection, do you think we would be in need for a economic stimulus?

This is clearly another Washington guise for a corporate bail out for Mortgage lenders and Credit Card companies. The saddest part is the Dems will probably embrace it out of fear.

Oil Companies = Huge tax breaks
Mortage and Credit Companies = Taxpayer bailout

George is taking care of his "base" as he so eloquently stated at a fund raising speech. He kept his word!

Packout,

The future of ethanol is not based on food crops. It is based on cellulosic ethanol which can utilize any organic plant material. Currently we are using grains, but that is because we are not yet set up to produce ethanol or biodiesel from cellulose. There are breakthroughs wqiting to happen such as ethanol roduced by blue green algea in farm ponds and the ocean. True, we have greater heating needs than Brazil and we drive bigger cars. If we are smart the US can produce a significant amount of it's future energy needs stateside.

I am an advocate of modern nuclear energy as well as wind, and solar.

BeanMan

I want Bill back! The only problem I had with Clinton was if I was the most powerful man in the world, I'd been hitt-en something a bit better looking then Monica. I'd be bringing Pam Anderson thru the Kennedy tunnel every know and then, ( Oh by the way, I get enough grief from my wife already for this statement, so I don't need to hear it here). JMO

Joe E Sikora

If we used nuclear power plants to produce electricity and used the coal we're now burning for that prpose to produce clean oil it's a win for everyone except those sitting on huge oil stocks. add in as much ethanol as is practical and we're a long ways down the road to where we want to be. our ag industry has the ability to produce far more than we are today, we're not going to run out of food and the price needed to go up anyway, it wasn't even covering production cost in many cases. any change in leadership and direction from where we are today will be an improvment.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-08 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]You guys sure are good at reading into things whatever you want. I never said the Dems were THE problem, just one of the problems. I listed many. You guys act like your "kid" has no faults. It doesn't make the situation better. Some of you act like I am talking bad about your mothers. Get a grip and realize that the Reps and Dems have everything screwed-up. Both parties are to blame. Love Clinton then you have to love the Rep Congress he had. Hate Bush and you have to hate the Dem Congress he has. The whole system is a misdirected joke, where both sides blame the other for all which is wrong and take the credit for all which is right.

Cellulose based ethanol. Yeah, Yeah, but it no where near the high grade produced by sugar cane, which is what Brazil uses. These posts are worthless. There is no way to address every little aspect of every little problem and every solution. If everything was as easy as so many claim it to be then it would already be done. If there was enough $$$$$ in it would already be done.

"any change in leadership and direction from where we are today will be an improvment." I agree, but it goes both ways.

Trade deficits, you bet they are a problem (which is why I LISTED China). Who brokered those agreements? Could it have been a Democratic Administration? Every party has its problems. If someone is pissing down your neck, I hope you smell it and step aside..... You guys are a hoot.

Ftw wrote: "Packout please! There is already one guy on here that contradicts himself with every other sentence we don't need 2."

Tell me about it. dude is enough, then to add in ftw and TF is just too much hyperbole and talking out the backside.

Pro

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Pro the kool aid is getting to you, long term use isn't recommended.

>Pro the kool aid is getting
>to you, long term use
>isn't recommended.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle.....

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

SIKORA!!!

YOU'RE KILLING ME BUD!!!

AND YES I'M GONNA RAZZ YOU WAY MORE THAN YOUR OLE LADY,I MEAN YOUR WIFE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I THINK I'LL VOTE Beefy IN!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SCENERY IN THE WHITE HOUSE???

PLUS I KNOW FOR A FACT HE'D DO BETTER THAN LITTLE George!!!

HOW BOUT IT Beefy???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

"This boiling point has been building up for the last 7 years when housing markets started to leap in appreciation. Our whole economic turnaround since 9/11 has relied upon people tapping into their home equity."

Not only once, but two or three times, in some cases.

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to say that! I know a whole bunch of people who are now upside down on their home mortgages. They owe more than it's worth in todays market. The good times might be over. Time to pay the piper. OUCH!!

Eel

The problem with the economy is that there are too many liberal democrats collecting welfare and food stamps on our dime.
Most, if not all, live in San Francisco, Oregon, Nebraska, and Montana.

Its tough, but with good common sense, we will put more Ultra
Conservatives in office.

I THINK eeL HAS BEEN DOING SOME SERIOUS THINKING!!!

ANOTHER THING THAT PISSES ME OFF IS:::

YOU GO IN TO THE LOCAL CONVENIENCE STORE IN THE MORNINGS & LOW & BEFRICKENHOLD!!!

YOU HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR TWENTY MINUTES BECAUSE HALF OF THEM IN FRONT OF YOU ARE FINANCING THEIR MORNING MT. DEW ON THEIR DAMN CREDIT CARDS!!!

WAFJ!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Bobcat, you're right! Nothing like paying 21% interest on a cup of coffee and Twinkies!

Eel

Woody, Here we go with the dems on the take again. how much of the debt Bush ran up went to the dems? how many tax hikes have we seen in the last 7 years by the dems? the housing credit debacle peaked before the dems even had a say in congress. domestic spending hasn't been a priority if you look at whats really happened, if a fraction of the money Bush has borrowed had been spent in the US maybe our economy would be better off? employing Iraqis and no bid conmtracts to Halliburton don't do near as much to put dollars into our economy as domestic spending does.

Let me get this straight, people being STUPID and living beyond their means, buying bigger/nicer homes than they can afford, buying a "mt dew" on a credit card, buying lovely ATV's on high interest loans, is all somehow Bush's fault. Damn, talk about drinking the kool-aid!

PRO

I NEVER SAID THE FINANCED CAN OF MT. DEW WAS BUSH'S FAULT!!!

SO I'LL SAY IT NOW!!!

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I never said it was ALL Bush's fault, but since the dems have had little or no say since 2000 get tired of hearing how it's all their fault. just a while back during the building boom Bush was patting hims self on the back how great his ecomomy was, now that's it's blown up in his face it's oh boy you can't blame Bush. it's bitter with the sweet for everyone, Bush isn't exempt.

"Woody, Here we go with the dems on the take again. how much of the debt Bush ran up went to the dems? how many tax hikes have we seen in the last 7 years by the dems? the housing credit debacle peaked before the dems even had a say in congress. domestic spending hasn't been a priority if you look at whats really happened, if a fraction of the money Bush has borrowed had been spent in the US maybe our economy would be better off? employing Iraqis and no bid conmtracts to Halliburton don't do near as much to put dollars into our economy as domestic spending does."

I was being somewhat sarastic with my comments. I believe that Republians and Democrats can both take some blame for our economy. However, when it really comes down to it we can all look in the mirror and ask ourselves if we ourselves aren't part of the problem. So many Americans have a "borrow now" "pay later" attitude. think of how our grandparents managed money compared with our generation manages money?

Agreed, but I see no reason our government should spend money they don't have either. increased spending and tax cut don't go hand in hand, at the moment our national debt isn't the main problem with the economy but it will become a larger one every day.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." Im not sure who said that but It sure rings true. Alot of illegals are coming up here to get thier piece of the american pie before its all gone.
ismith
45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

I'm not about to get into Dems vs. Repubs. The question I have is the impact caused by 12 million illegals sending there U.S made money back to Mexico. That is money not circulating back through the economy. Thoughts?

I question if as much money is sent to Mexico as some say, if you're working for minimum wage just how much extra money are you going to have.

Why is it we're all fine and dandy with sending our money to China to make everything for us but sweat like a whore in church because the people who come up here and do our dirty work might send a few bucks home to their dirt poor family?

I understand the frustration and I also resent many of the things the illegals do but we gain from them also, they add more to our economy than they take because most Americans will sit on welfare before they'll do the work many of these Mexicans are doing. it isn't a matter of pay in most cases, Americans are just too lazy and too good for grunt labor anymore.

You guys are killing me with your back and forth assults on which presidential administrations fault it is for being in the mess were in econmically.All of the post Regan presidents have been nothing more than bandwagon presidents.

Luckily for us, TFinal and huntindude have it all figured out.

Mike

What was so great about Regan? just because he looked like a wiz bang compared to Bush doesn't make him that fantastic. Regan was decent president but the god like references we hear all the time are comical.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-08 AT 07:20PM (MST)[p]Schmalts for President!
If elected i will do this......first tell anyone who isn't a legal citizen to get the F out or you will be jailed, corn-holed, and put on a chain gang building a border fence for 3 months before deportation. I will hire sheriff Joe to oversee the operation.
Second, i will tell anyone who plans on filing for bankruptcy that sorry, that isn't an option anymore because you will have to pay off all debts. Too bad, your the idiot who overspent.
Third, Hillary must leave the country.
Fourth, i will cut all foreign aid by 90%. sorry but we are hurting and need to take care of us first.
Fifth, The mortgage company can and will fix their own mess, don't even think of the tax payers paying for that.
sixth, all wealth tags, and outfitter preference tags will be abolished immediately in every state. Wyoming will drop the wilderness law, NM will drop the outfitted pool, MT will drop the outfitter sponsored tags, and land leasing for hunting will carry a 30% tax.
And last, no government health care... It isn't free, even if the government pays for it because we pay the government... get it?? reform yes, free no.
Bottom line is this, i am convinced that 50% of the country population is too retarded to have the right to vote because they cannot even see that everything i just promised is the COLD HARD TRUTH, as much as it sucks we all control our destiny.

>Schmalts for President!
> If elected i will do
>this......first tell anyone who isn't
>a legal citizen to get
>the F out or you
>will be jailed, corn-holed, and
>put on a chain gang
>building a border fence for
>3 months before deportation.
>I will hire sheriff Joe
>to oversee the operation.