eberlestock vs badlands

elkhuntn247

so I need a new pack this year.. lookin at a badlands sacrifice(a hair big but...) or a badlands diablo..

I looked at an eberlestock X2 an it was pretty sweet itself an seems it could handle anything I throw at it...

What packs do you guys like an why??

Thanks!

I have the Eberlestock X1. I just liked the feel of this pack over the badlands pack. I like the rifle scabbard right up against my back and in the center of my back. The badlands pack is a great pack and a little lighter. Can't go wrong with either brand.

I have a Badlands Diablo. It's one of the most durable and comfortable packs I've ever used. The cloth is the loudest I've heard on any "supposedly quiet" bowhunting pack though. If your not planning on wearing it while your acually hunting, I'd highly recommend one.

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

I believe the sacrafice has been selling like hotcakes, Dont even think they have any in stock right now. If you are looking for lightweight with alot of room I would try and get your hands on a Sacrafice. At 3lbs 9 oz and 3450 CI it will be tough to beat. The Eberlestock x2 is 4.5 lbs and 1800 ci. Looks like a good pack to me but wouldnt be enough room for what I do anyways. You may also want to look at the BL 2200 or 2800. Good luck on your decision

I had a Badlands pack for about 2 weeks. Stitching started falling apart an I wasn't packing anything worthy of stretching seems. Took it back and bought an eberlestock. Just because Its triple stitched and so far I haven't had any problems....

I have the diablo and I use it for archery...not sure about loud fabrics...first time I've heard that.
It's a by far the most comfortable pack I've had and I've tried a lot of badlands packs (Ultra day, Hypervent, Superday and 2800)
If you hunt in hot weather like I do (August in Utah is HOT!) then the hypervent feature is worth it's weight in gold.

I would recommend trying both on with weight in them if you can and see which one fits you best. I have owned eberlestock and badlands. The badlands packs fits me better and the weight stays on the hips better. The eberlestoc packs seem to ride lower on my frame. That being said, I like the design of the eberlestocks better for packing out an animal.

I am a pack junkie! I currently use a Kifaru Siwash, Jim Horn Alaskan, Badlands 2800 and just recieved a J34 Just One from Ebelerstock.
That being said I love the Kifaru it is the lightest and fits well. I can pack the heck out of it and it is comfortable. It is a little loud and I consider it mostly a rifle pack. I've packed out bear and deer from some real holes with it.
I've used a couple of Jim Horns over the years and they pack well. They are heavy but they have some cool ways to pack out meat without leaving your gear behind. A friend and I packed out a full boned elk a couple of years ago in two Jim Horns and only one trip, Great packs.
I picked up a 2800 last year and used it on all of the hunts. This is an awesome pack. It fits very well and tight to your body. It is light and quite and has an amazing aray of places to put your gear. Badlands makes an awesome pack I cant say anything but good about them.

Now as to the Just One pack. Like you I was looking at the X1/X1 bit I wanted more ability to pack out more meat on the first trip. I talked to a few people and also the guys at Payson outfitters and after lots or research decided to go with the J34 pack.
It is a little heavier than my Badlands pack but this thing is also bullet proof. It has a great suspension and caries loads well. I think that other that my Kifaru this pack has the ability to best handle big loads. You can strap on a lot of things to this pack and I am all about having options.
The true selling point for this pack for me was the bow bucket and the gun scabbard.
Some of the places I hunt are a ways back in and very rough. I usually strap my bow to the pack and hike hard. I like to have my hands free (I also have shoulder issues and cant carry my bow in my hand all day). Last year about a 1/4 mile up the trail there were two big bucks standing in the trail. By the time I got my pack off and bow out they were gone. They had stood there watching me till I was almost ready and then took off. I also had a few elk do almost the same thing.
The Eberlestock pack has a bow bucket that you can strap your bow to. It carries your bow very well and you can have it out in seconds without taking off your pack. I thought this was very cool.
It also had a rifle scabbard that does almost the same thing. It keeps your gun safe and out of the way but is right there when you need it. I dont know if I think its any faster than carrying my gun on a sling but it is pretty slick.

Anyway these are just a few of the things I noticed.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Andy

respect my authorita

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom