Thank you for writing eBay in regard to leaving feedback for your
trading partner. I recognize your frustration and want to quickly and
responsively address your concerns.

As of May 2008, eBay removed the ability of sellers to leave Negative
Feedback. To clarify our policy, sellers are no longer able to leave
either negative or neutral Feedback for buyers, regardless of how the
transaction transpired. As such, by leaving a Positive Feedback
containing negative comments, sellers attempt to undermine the new
Feedback policies, and this is considered a violation.

I realize that it can be very frustrating being unable to leave negative
Feedback for a transaction, but we strongly suggest that in order to
abide by eBay's policies, you only leave appropriate Positive Feedback
for buyers who deserve positive Feedback.

We feel that filing appropriate unpaid item disputes and reporting any
possible violation to eBay is the best way to warn other sellers because
if the buyer continues this behavior they will eventually become
suspended and any negative or neutral Feedback they left will be
removed. Also with the new buyer requirements sellers can be protected
better from buyers who violate eBay policy.

Additionally, as a seller, you have the option of responding the
negative or neutral Feedback you receive to warn other sellers of
potentially difficult buyers.

It is my pleasure to assist you.

Sincerely,
Mikal

eBay Customer Support

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09 AT 10:11AM (MST)[p]Manny, I think it's better now than it was. As a buyer, i felt my job was done once i paid for the item i won. Sometimes, few, the seller would Lie in his description of the item, just one example, and when i'd contact the seller, he'd lie further, call me rude names, threaten... i no way could get satisfaction.

So, i'd leave a neg or nuetral feedback to warn others. The seller would then turn around and give me a Neg. Why should i get a neg in return? I did what i was suppose to. I just didn't get the won item as it was described. See what i'm saying Bud??

I'm not saying the new system is perfect or even good. It's just better than the feedback system was. Before it was a joke. Everybody was afraid the other was going to mark him bad, just didn't work.

Joey

i sold a scope to a guy, he never emailed me after sale, i don't except checks and it says so in the auction info, the guy takes two weeks to send a check none the less and when i told him i relisted it he left me a neg feedback, fair right ?...

life isn't perfect but ebay should veiw it by item by item, but that'll take too long right...

I'm with Joey on this one.I sympathize with good sellers and agree that the system is not perfect.But it's better than it was.

About 2 years ago I went on the "Feedback Discussion Forum" to crusade for requiring sellers to leave feedback first to eliminate retaliatory negs for buyers who had paid. Boy was that a trip....a few sellers were sympathetic but most were downright nasty to ANYONE who suggested changing the feedback system.eBay moderators were constantly shutting down threads,etc. because of these seller's nastiness. I quit posting on the forums after about 9 months.

I believe the new policy that goes way beyond what anyone even was talking about is at least in part because eBay could see those sellers' attitudes on that discussion forum....

Manny, sounds like the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. You got reamed. I'm pretty sure there is a appeal process. Hope you get that way and make things right.

cbeard, when i first started buying on the bay, it really was a great place to shop. I'm a bigger than the averaged size guy yet i could buy all my clothes, delivered, and at better than great prices. One feature i really liked was everybody was following the "seller leaves feedback first" tradition. When they stopped doing that, i agree with you, feedback didn't work any longer as it was intended.

Joey

HEY PREACHERMAN (((manny!!!)))!!!

HOW IS IT YOU GET YOURSELF IN SO MANY RAPS???

LMAO!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]>HEY PREACHERMAN (((manny!!!)))!!!
>
>HOW IS IT YOU GET YOURSELF
>IN SO MANY RAPS???
>
>LMAO!!!
>
>"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE
>WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU
>MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES
>THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU
>HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU
>FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS
>ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR
>OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA
>THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!
>
>
>
493c3bb236d04499.jpg

>
>REMEMBER!!!
>
>THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

you can't tell by now, LOL....

I'm a friggen magnet, not to mention its here I vent...my buddies won't listen any more, go figure, I'm a pain, I know it!....

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09
>AT 10:11?AM (MST)

>
>Manny, I think it's better now
>than it was. As a
>buyer, i felt my job
>was done once i paid
>for the item i won.
>Sometimes, few, the seller would
>Lie in his description of
>the item, just one example,
>and when i'd contact the
>seller, he'd lie further, call
>me rude names, threaten... i
>no way could get satisfaction.
>
>
>So, i'd leave a neg or
>nuetral feedback to warn others.
>The seller would then turn
>around and give me a
>Neg. Why should i get
>a neg in return? I
>did what i was suppose
>to. I just didn't get
>the won item as it
>was described. See what i'm
>saying Bud??
>
>I'm not saying the new system
>is perfect or even good.
>It's just better than the
>feedback system was. Before it
>was a joke. Everybody was
>afraid the other was going
>to mark him bad, just
>didn't work.
>
>Joey

I agree with the above post. Too many times I have purchased something via Ebay. Paid via Paypal within 24 hours of auction ending. Then the seller leaves no feedback for me, he waits it out till I leave feedback for him to make sure he gets positive feedback. Sorta like blackmail isn't it?

Yeah we called it sellers holding feedback "hostage" on the FB forum-thats why many were pushing for a rule requiring sellers to go first.eBay now not allowing sellers to even leave FB at all shows me how bad the problem had become...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-09 AT 06:56PM (MST)[p]The hell with feedbacks they don't mean crap unless they are bad so just don't give any bad or good ones.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Anyone having an issue with them holding your funds for something you've sold for 21 days unless you've sold over 100 things and have 100 positive feedbacks. Ebay said it was their 'new' policy. They are basically holding my money hostage. BS. Isn't that why there is PAYPAL?

>Anyone having an issue with them
>holding your funds for something
>you've sold for 21 days
>unless you've sold over 100
>things and have 100 positive
>feedbacks. Ebay said it was
>their 'new' policy. They are
>basically holding my money hostage.
>BS. Isn't that why there
>is PAYPAL?

doesn't ebay own paypal?....

Paypal can't go after money that is not there. Say i bought what you described as a almost new boat motor for $500. plus shipping. When it arrived, i put it on my boat the following weekend and put it in the lake only to find out it won't start. So, i take it by a friends, he don't know, recommends i take it to so and so's shop for diagnosis. Long story but come find out, the motor will cost more than what it's worth or paid for it to repair... it was mis represented by the e-bay seller. The seller already cleaned any money from his account, the buyer is screwed.

I'm not saying that i like any of this. Also not 100% sure the above example was the exact reason the new "impound account" type rule was put in place. I do know that some people have been "had" by obvious and blatantly dishonest sellers. These rules are put in place to protect the buyer. Most scams are shallow and a wise buyer can smell them out but that is not always the case. As tough times get worse, i believe you'll see even more and better ways for cheats, liars, and thieves, to rip us off of our moneys!

the other Joey

a few years back i bought an item from a guy it never came, he never sent, paypal gave me 80% of my money back...?....

I thought paypal also operated as an insurance policy ?...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom