ebay Cabelas gift card continued....

Wiszard

Long Time Member
So, I got a letter from Cabelas stating that the $175 gift card I used to purchase merchandise on 11-27-11 was no good. Their letter to me is dated January 20, 2012. They are being charged back for it. They want me to send a check or nomey order in the amount of $175 to them.
The first time I got the card, it was bad. I wasn't able to use it online as it was declined at cabelas.com. I made the seller on ebay give me a new one, which he did. I promptly used it and it worked. I thought all was good until today. My ebay complaint for this card issue has since been settled since he sent me a new card and it worked at cabelas.com. Who's at fault here? I'm not going to send Cabelas $175. Why was the card accepted online in the first place? Anybody experience this before? If I ever come across Song Nyguen...I'm gonna put my fist through is beedie little eyes!

Any thoughts on how I should handle this?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

First make sure the return address on the letter is truly from Cabelas and or call them and ask what the puck if you haven't already, don't wanna send Song another 175 bones.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

Well Wisz!

You could Jump on E-bay & look for a Foreign Seller selling Plane Tickets over to Songs Place!:D

Gonna give you a little advice Wisz!

Next time you think you're $aving 15.00 GAWD-DAMNED Dollars don't do it Wisz,Don't do it!

I'll call Ms Wisz a little later this evening & see if I can calm Her down before She Whoops your Ass,Again!:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Wiz

I can't believe 3 things, first that you bought the card in the first place, second that you told us all about it and lastly that you are a Steelers fan.

I cannot believe that in 2012, there are still people foolish enough to buy anything off of eBay.

I don't know a soul who does not have some kind of "Chit gone south",horror story from dealing with eBay and or PayPal.

By the way, if you are the "end user" of the Cabela's card, you ARE liable, and not your Asian buddy, Senu Sum Wong Dong.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

4 things, Ransom....I can't believed I laughed out loud in my office at your dumb a$$ comment. Thanks Man...I needed that.

Ya, ya, I know.....ebay got the best of me.

Do I tell Cabelas to shove it since its been two months and they accepted the card when I used it? Not to mention, I have no recourse with ebay now.

Z- I'm liking you plan more and more. Lets cut his weiner off too! We'll bring it home for BESS. Maybe he can sew it on himself so he has one that actually works. :)

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

I'll help with beating him up and cutting his throat in front of his mother but the rest is up to you man...ain't no "we" there lol!!

Check Ebay and find out how much tickets are to get over there and let me know!!

~Z~

I like wet_boob's answer.

OK, so now that I stopped laughing at you for even coming on here again and continuing this saga...

I can clear this all up for you. Its a simple matter and I am a lawyer so I will handle it. Just send my law firm a list of all your bank account numbers, PIN numbers, credit cards and security numbers and PINs and I will straighten it all out.

Send it to:

Doowee, Cheetum & Howe
PO Box 6969
Fallon, NV 89406

Wait a sec, NV. Last week you told QTPie you were a gynecologist. What gives? I'm not gonna fall for any of your fancy lawyer tricks.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

What do you mean locked it? This is a new term to me. The mods can lock a thread?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-12 AT 07:24AM (MST)[p]Boy - couldn't see this one coming could you!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Sigh...

Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

If it were you, how would you handle Cabelas?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Give them Senu Sum Wong Dong ebay account and tell Cabelas that it was this guy that is selling the fraud cards.

Tell them to get lost getting another dime from you.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

Tell them to piss-off, You shop at Basspro. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I would make their fraud department go after Mr. Song Nyguen. Give them all the information you have, show the payments you made in good faith to him, prove you legitimately purchased the card over E-bay. You may not have too much more recourse other than that however.
Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LOL.....I figure they're at fault for accepting the card to begin with. Why was it good then but not now? Wouldnt their system have pegged it for a bad card?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

I've got the solution just because I'm a nice guy. Send me $100.00 and I'll send you a $175.00 Gift card you can pay them off with. That way it'll only cost you an additional $100.00.

Seriously I don't you if you use credit but it will have an effect on your credit score and possible money you need to borrow in the future.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom