Eating Red Meat-Cancer

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My wife just got over cancer and we were at her first 6 month check up today with the oncologist. I thought it was a very good opportunity to talk to her about cancer and how to test for it. She said you can't really test for it but there are things you can do to prevent it. She said that vigorous exercise everyday (elevate your heart rate) and eat well. She mentioned a limited amount of red meat. I asked her if wild game meat (no preservatives or anything "bad" or processed in the meat) is ok to eat because it is all natural. Her reply was kind of a bummer. She said red meat is red meat. Animal protein is bad. Those that eat red meat have a 50% higher chance of getting prostate cancer than those that don't. I was specifically asking about prostate cancer because that is what my grandfather died of. Moral of the story is that I will be giving 80% or so of my meat in the freezer to our local Elks lodge for them to eat as they see fit. I will keep some of the meat as I'm not giving it up completely but will definitely not eat as much as I am accustomed to. I will continue to hunt but will have a plan for the meat, other than the backstraps, loin and a bit of burger, to give to someone that will use it. It was somewhat solemn when she told me the deal with wild game meat. I felt like I lost a friend. I talked to my Dad about it and he's already 70 so he's ok eating the hell out of it. Me, I'm 43 so I'm going to take the steps necessary to live until I'm 70. :) Just a little helpful info for you guys who have cancer in your bloodline.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I ain't buying it, but whats the suggested replacement? Roundup poisoned whole healthy grains?

Glad to hear Ms. Wisz is doing Well!

We're all gonna Die Wisz!

Some of us sooner than others!

Here's the Deal:

What We gonna eat?

A Tuna that's so contaminated they don't recommend more than one Tuna Samich per week?

A Bunt out Chicken that layed 3 times as many Eggs in a 2 year period than a normal Clucker that's been injected with who knows what all?

A lot of Fish,even the ones you catch have high Mercury content in them!

Could become a F'N VEGAN but like 3blade said................!

The World is F'D Up!

Humans have F'D it up!

Ya!

What's the Healthy Alternate?

Chinese & Japanese people have way less Health problems than Americans!

But can Americans Tolerate the White on Rice 3 Meals a Day?

I know We should!

But will we?

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

DW- Yes....she also told me that most men at 70 have prostate cancer but it just won't kill most.

As far as I'm concerned, I plan on listening to a UCLA affiliated oncologist that works at a UCLA Cancer Center than a Dr Grupta who charges $$ on the internet to answer medical questions.

Homer- classy as always.

BESS- I hear you about dying from one thing or another....if you haven't seen what a cancer patient has to go through, then you really have no idea of how it will change your life. I hope you never have to witness it, but if you do, it will change your life. It has changed mine. I hope all is well with you.

Always good entertainment here on MM. LOL

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Ya I've seen it Wisz!

Nothing good about the CRAP!

The only thing I know for sure is:

If we quit eating & Drinking everything that's Bad for us We won't be Ingesting a GAWD-DAMNED thing!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-15 AT 11:37PM (MST)[p]She also mentioned limiting alcohol consumption....I told her that NOW she was just going to far!! Our change will be eating more fish and chicken to supplement the meals we would've had red meat at. We normally eat turkey burger rather than hamburger anyway. The turkey burger is very good if you haven't eaten it.

Homer likes it cuz the special brand he buys taste a lot like #####... I don't know...ask him about that one.

edit...didn't like the word sounding like caulk.

Have you checked in to Chicken & Store bought Fish Wisz?

I can't find the Clip on Chicken but it'll about cure anybody from eating it ever again!

Am old boy told me one time if u throw a dead chicken in yer septic tank you'll never have to pump it!

I know about chicken. They pump them so full of roids to make them grow fast. My wife made the mistake of bringing home some naturally grown chicken breasts and I about shat when I saw the price per pound. We do alright but I'm not paying $8.99 a pound for chicken. As far as fish goes....my Dad fishes a lot so I can get fish pretty anytime I want it. I also have a buddy who's uncle went up to Alaska and knocked the hell out of the halibut so I can always get fish from him. I cooked some fresh perch my Dad caught out at Guadalupe Beach 2 weeks ago and it was pretty good. Gotta watch out for the mercury in the fish too though.

Steve

Dry Beans have been found, in a recent Colorado State U refereed publication, to have potent anti cancer properties. Especially Canellini beans (white kidney). You should include dry beans as part of your weekly diet.

Wisz, I don't blame you for at least trying to do what you think is right. No harm in that as long as you don't take it to the extreme.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

It's strictly for medicinal purposes.

I may live forever...

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I got a head start and only need to do it 2 more times this week. :) Thanks Homo!

"A report out of Australia some years back claimed that men who masturbated five times a day were only third as likely to develop prostate cancer."

So, which is it? 5 times a week or 5 times a day?

This is important!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

That's what I figure. Why take a chance?

Eel

Waking up in the morning is known to cause cancer in the state of California

Oh, masturbation is also known to cause cancer in the state of California.

>DW- Yes....she also told me that
>most men at 70 have
>prostate cancer but it just
>won't kill most.
>
>As far as I'm concerned, I
>plan on listening to a
>UCLA affiliated oncologist that works
>at a UCLA Cancer Center
>than a Dr Grupta who
>charges $$ on the internet
>to answer medical questions.
>
>Homer- classy as always.
>
>BESS- I hear you about dying
>from one thing or another....if
>you haven't seen what a
>cancer patient has to go
>through, then you really have
>no idea of how it
>will change your life. I
>hope you never have to
>witness it, but if you
>do, it will change your
>life. It has changed mine.
>I hope all is well
>with you.
>
>Always good entertainment here on MM.
>LOL
>
>Steve
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

Did she mention any verifiable, peer reviewed studies?

So, which is it? 5 times a week or 5 times a day?

This is important!

Eel

Eel...atour age I think you should concentrate on the WEEK and forget the DAY....then too it might be MONTHLY at older age...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-15 AT 11:39PM (MST)[p]>5X a Day = No prostrate
>cancer and forearms like Popeye
>

So?

You use both Hands/Arms?:D

"
Here is a link describing dry beans role in lowering cancer risk.

https://www.crops.org/publications/csa/articles/59/8/4"

So Beanman, do you masturbate on the beans or with them?

Voting Republican causes cancer in California.

Eel

>No, I use a crock pot...
>

How does that work?

>>No, I use a crock pot...
>>
>
>How does that work?
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

I'd prefere to keep that to myself

Red meat is not red meat.

There is a vast, and proven, difference between cholesterol, free fatty acids and LDL levels when comparing venison to typical farm raised beef. Then one must consider the levels of hormones (and other chemicals) present in farm raised beef which doesn't exist in wild game.

Ok...I'm kind of bitchy and there's a reason Bess has nicknamed my husband, "Poor Kolby", but Poor Kolby thinks the meanest thing I could ever do to him is limit red meat. NO! Not the red meat! Don't throw me into that briar patch! ;-)

But- we're dealing with cancer here so red meat is going to be limited at our house too. Kolb's got kidney cancer- again. This is a metastasis that has gone into his psoas muscle (that's your ass-kicker...LOL It is the muscle in your back that lifts your leg up- hip flexor). He had a tumor taken off his kidney 2 years ago and this one came back in the muscle, which is rare- it usually goes into an organ. He had an ablation to get rid of it but it was a little close to the spinal cord and a nerve root so he's got to have some radiation to get the rest of it. So- it's a cancer that can be blasted and once it's gone we're going to make some major changes to decrease chances of every getting any type of cancer again. I love my red meat too though so I'm a little sad as well. :-(

4a380c6d5d13acdc.jpg

PS...NVB- I don't think I can ever eat beans again. LMAO with them or on them? Yer killin' me!

What would I ever do without you boys? :)

For what its worth... The Ketogenic diet has been known to stop cancer growth in its tracks. I know 2 people that have done this after they were diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and thrown to the curb. One, after 7 years is still kicking. The other after 5 years got tired of eating this way and went back to eating sugar and simple carbs and died within a year.

5X a Day = No prostrate
cancer and forearms like Popeye

So?

You use both Hands/Arms?

Of course it would be a shame to avoid prostrate cancer only to develop Carpal tunnel.LOL

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-15 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]For anyone who has cancer or who has been through chemo I recommend watching this. It may be the most important video you ever watch.

This completely changed the way I view our health care system. It's been the blind leading the blind for so long. It's actually very sad that this information is being suppressed. I've lost two family members to cancer before I saw this. Rest assured that if I or my immediate family gets cancer I will not be doing orthodox treatments.

A true eye opener. Watch all of it also, just not some of it.

Click on this link: http://youtu.be/NAMYAoiCSsI

I also recommend checking out this website: http://www.cancertutor.com/

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-15 AT 08:06AM (MST)[p]Respectfully.....but the doctor is a moron.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-15 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]I too think "all things in moderation" is a good motto. And I do think there it a big difference between store bought beef and elk and deer, from lack of hormones to less fat. Not many people would argue that lowering fat is a good thing! I would bet you that "red meat is red meat" is her opinion, and there are not studies backing up that wild game is just as bad.

And although it does sound like your oncologist is a smart person, I can tell you as a doctor myself that what is classified as "bad" switches. Some of the "facts" I learned in school are totally false. The pendulum seems to switch as we get more info. So even though I truly think your doctor believes what she is saying, I believe there is still a lot of unknowns.

As smart as she is, just remember it is only one persons opinion. Make your changes, but keep an open mind in the future.

Homer: interesting magazines your read.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I hear what you are saying, txhunter. I believe that it is her opinion and it struck me as odd that she'd say "red meat is red meat". Maybe I'll start digging a little deeper....after I finish my fish tacos. :)

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom