Eastern Idaho Controlled Deer Hunts Tag #'s

I already put in for 1 of those tags, now it looks like general season is where I'll be hunting.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Makes sense to me and I'm glad to see the F&G being proactive. It really was a bad winter and spring.

I guess its time to explore some other units.

I think it's good with the winter this year but I don't think the controlled hunt numbers are normally the problem. It's the unlimited general OTC deer hunts that make up a majority of the deer hunting in Idaho that need some reduction in pressure (or atleast spread out some of the pressure). What are they going to do about those deer herds?

Yep, I would like to see quotas for the units individually to spread the pressure a bit.

It could be done without destroying opportunity.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

>>For starters a pick your weapon
>>season would be nice.
>
>
>I would luv to see this
>happen.

I archery hunt mostly, so it would cut down on the amount of hunting I get to do, but if that helped out the deer numbers and increased buck age, then I am all for it. It would cut the amount of hunters in each season, which would be best for everyone.

http://www.BestforHunting.com

I am as well glad to see them being proactive. I agree with what they have done so far, and would like to see the look into:
1- Limiting how many can go into one area to hunt,
(Like what they have done in Soda Springs with the out of staters. They know how many deer are there, more or less, give out how many they think should be harvested, and only allow that amount of tags to be sold on a first come first serve basis. That way the fiasco does not occur like it did in Tex creek with the cow elk last year. More people hunted it because it snowed, bottom line and the elk were punished for it. Enough for now, but I think this could be a start. Any thoughts?

idahoan I think you mean like what they used to do around Soda Springs with the non-res SE tag. They eliminated that 1200 tag limit a few years back and that now is a general tag for both res and non-res.
But I totally agree with you F&G needs to set a limited quota on the OTC areas. This would not mean you could not hunt every year, only spread out the pressure.

Hey fly4fish, my sentiments exactly! And as I've said before I hate it when they(F&G) put late hunts in units that have unlimited OTC tags!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom