Early seaon youth elk hunt.

I haven't had any issues. Youth hunters never had to share their season with archery hunters until recently.

They extend the archery season into the youth rifle season, not the other way around. I could be wrong, but I actually think it's worked out pretty good in my experience.

Wait a minute. If the elk aren’t bugling until a day or two before the youth hunt starts and then they come in and blaze away causing the elk to leave the drainage you have busted your ass to find it can be a problem.

Also why do the youth need their own hunt now anyway to begin with?
Maybe you’re hunting the wrong spots if the elk aren’t bugling until September 14. Everywhere I hunt elk and I think most elk start getting after it the end of August all the way through October. What’s wrong with giving youth hunters a little better advantage?

Are you hunting Utah? It’s giving youth a huge advantage not a little better advantage. A rifle hunt smack in the beginning to middle of the rut.

Have you had a quality archery hunt in Utah on an any bull, general unit lately? Yes it could happen but I can see Jimmy’s frustration on the matter. Btw I am not Jimmy haha

Are you hunting Utah? It’s giving youth a huge advantage not a little better advantage. A rifle hunt smack in the beginning to middle of the rut.

Have you had a quality archery hunt in Utah on an any bull, general unit lately? Yes it could happen but I can see Jimmy’s frustration on the matter. Btw I am not Jimmy haha
IMG_6933.jpeg

September 7th this year in Utah OTC unit. There’s far more OTC archery hunters then there are youth rifle elk hunters, the youth rifle elk hunt is not overly impacting the general season elk hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom