early pickups!

B

bucklover

Just to remind some of you overly anxious bone hunters. In Wyoming you can't look for, stash, collect horn until May 1st. I have a friend that has been watching a huge buck with a distant eye. He went up Saturday and past some idiots on 4wheelers with a fresh shed strapped to the back. He continued on to his lookout spot (on the main road) and could see 4wheeler tracks heading off the main road, through deep snow, and down onto the ridge the deer were on. Come on guys! These deer are having a hard enough time this year! None of us need to be out there on the winter ground pushing them around. If you want to go, stay on the main roads and look from a distance. I guarantee if I see someone out harassing wildlife, I will do everything in my power to see that you get a little harassing of your own. If I can't get through on the phone to the Fish and Game I'll follow you off the mountain.

I'll bet they were TARDS!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

1935-dodge-kc-half-ton-pickup-1.jpg

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Thanks bucklover for helping the deer. We all know how abuse of this law is taking place. We all need to do our part to help them. fatrooster.

>
1935-dodge-kc-half-ton-pickup-1.jpg

>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LOL, JB that's exactlly what I thought of when I seen this post and clicked on it! K-Lassic! Ha Ha.....

Back on the subject, I agree, we need to take it easy on the deer this year! Back off!

The people do it because only a small % of hunters will turn the criminals in and non-hunters have no idea a crime is taking place. Law enforcement is spread too thin to be effective without help. What is the fine...$50 and no loss of hunting rights? If the punishment is without teeth then is about the same effect as the threat of a speeding ticket. Take the ATV, hunting rights, etc and will be effective.

I thought about the play on words, and thought maybe that would draw a little more attention. Thanks for the support. Maybe its time we band together and demand stiffer penalties. (And do a little self patrolling and educating)

I my self turned in 2 different sets of people last year. This year I might just take this in to my own hands. The WY fish cops are a bunch of lazy hick deads, most of them dont take it seriously and Im over it. If I were him and saw them chasing deer some one would have got the boots put to em!

What's considered chasing/harassing deer? Are people literally running them down 4 wheeler's? If I am out hunting coyotes, or taking pictures and make a deer move, is that harassng them? Would I have the "boots" thrown to me? Do people have to completely stop enjoying the outdoors just beacuse they might make a deer move? Should ranchers quit ranching beacuase they might cause a deer to move while out feeding their cattle?

I go out and look at the animals quite a bit, I watch from afar, but you can bet that if I saw one drop his antlers I would go and pick it up. I don't consider that harassing the animals. Maybe things are just way different where you're referrng too.

And unfortunetly, that is one of the things causing the problem.
I love being out there too. But it's gotten to where there are so many of us out there doing our thing that the deer are continually being pushed back and forth. I'm not saying you should stay home. We just need to use common sense. It's a tough winter! The snow is deep and crusted, and it takes a huge amount of energy for the deer to have to run through it. That is why some states have put seasonal dates for shed hunting. That is why states are closing large tracts of land to motorized vehicles from January 1st. to May 1st. We complain that those in authority are doing nothing to help our deer herds grow, and then we aren't willing to do what "WE" should do, to help the deer through the winter. We need to LEAVE THEM ALONE as best we can. It's a hard thing to balance. Should I go shoot a coyote and chase some deer around, or not bother the deer. Each situation is different. The big factor here is use COMMON SENSE.

+1 bucklover
Unfortunately sometimes we "love these animals to DEATH". While they are in this condition, it only takes a small amount of extra physical stress to push them literally over the edge!
I believe "innocent harassment" by HUNTERS is one more reason why our herds can't rebound. So BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

4X4Muley The people I saw were chasing them. One big buck maybe in the 185 range and a bunch of others. Its one thing to enjoy the outdoors, I do all the time. The people I turned in were in a closed winter range area, On atvs and two on sleds. All I ask is be respectfull of the heards they have enough stress trying to forage for food, Thats all just a little respect.

My brother in wy is having problems with people on sled chasing the bucks he has been watching. I will be headed to wy this weekend to help take care of the problem!

Got a buddy who's dad has a outfitter business. he had people riding ATVs 5 miles past there limit tearing up country. one guy told him to f off. when the guy got back to his quad there was a 30 cal hole in the jug. the moral of the story is, show respect and you will be shown respect

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom