Early 39 Mule Deer Hunt

J

JCR

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-12 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-12 AT 03:09?PM (MST)

Hi everyone new to the forum. I have a question for some of you local residents. Me and my brother drew early 39 tags, and generally we hunt close to the Rocky Bar area, but we are unable to get there due to the fires. Does anyone have any information about the arrowrock reservior area they would like to share this could be our only opportunity cause we live in Washington state. Im willing to pack in as far as I need to go, so that wouldn't be an issue. Trust me I'm not the type of person to ask because I take pride in researching myself, but any general locations would be helpful. Im pretty familiar with most of washington if anyone needs help, but unfortuanately our fish and game is clueless how to manage our deer herds.

Yes definitely a small piece left to hunt, but we will give her hell and try to get up as high as the fire will allow us. Should be deer heading down out of that mess. Thanks IDArcher.

Yes there was a ton burned, but there is still a ton of 39 left and you know that the deer that were in that country that was burned have moved and may provide an area with a lot more deer than usual i would really look at the map and think about where deer may go that were being pushed from that fire, you might be able to make it a positive deal never know, better than that just rolling over and takin it

If you have that tag your options are as follows: Gardena, Centerville, Table Rock, or take it up the sphincter. I would just grab my ankles. If you have that tag i'm sorry, I too had it but turned it into fish and game for a general tag. Good Luck and Pray for Snow!

i dont know why everyone is hanging it up this year with that tag. yeah a lot of prime ground is burning throughout the middle fork, but 39 is a HUGE unit. you might not get to hunt your honey hole, but there is no reason to turn in this early tag so you can hunt with WAY more people in an even smaller OTC area.

i'm sure some of you guys that are good at the whole high country muley thing will have no problem finding some other remote areas to tag a good 4 point in 39, maybe not a monster but most likely bigger than what you could do in a lot of general hunts i would think

>If you have that tag your
>options are as follows: Gardena,
>Centerville, Table Rock, or take
>it up the sphincter. I
>would just grab my ankles.
>If you have that tag
>i'm sorry, I too had
>it but turned it into
>fish and game for a
>general tag. Good Luck and
>Pray for Snow!

Doesn't surprise me that your first option would be to bend over. That's probably your second, thrid, and fourth option too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom