early 39 hunt

T

tufcntry

just finished a week in the high country we hiked a long ways got on top where i killed my buck before, and only saw one mature buck we saw 17 in total but the elk were more impressive then the deer. we dropped down for a day and got into a high 170's to low 180 buck but was a little dissapointed with the game. i have two days to give er hell i hope i can find a good one, if anyone has any leads that would be great i heard that edna creek has quite a few deer. if not i'll go back to where i saw the bigger buck.

You did better than we did. My mom has the tag, and isn't as strong of a hiker as my dad and I, so we've been limited as to the areas we can get into. We did get here set up on a decent 4 point, but she couldn't make it happen before he gave us the slip. We are seeing more fawns than in the last few years, so there's something encouraging...

thats too bad, we only saw two does no fawns we saw plenty of four points but none but only three worth pullin out and only one that i would shoot. you should be able to find somethin for her, whats her goal?

> "the elk
>were more impressive then the
>deer."

This is suprising considering all the people who say the wolves have eaten all the elk in 39 and 43.

Did you see any wolves. Too bad the wolf tag isn't good during the early 39 hunt.

saw plenty of tracks and would hear them at dusk but did not actually see one. there weren't a ton of elk but out of nine, six were six points and one was 350 plus easily. just couldn't find that smoker buck

Just got back from sheep scouting in NV. We'll be back at it over the next couple of days. Her goal is a decent 4 point, but she's getting a little discouraged so we'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to bear season opening on Sunday as we've seen several of the buggers.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-09 AT 04:14PM (MST)[p]bear season should already be open in unit 39 isnt it?

never mind i thought it opened on july 30 not august 30

ya thers is alot of bear and some really good ones to. but i am not worried about just a good buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom