E-bay boycott

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Didn't know about it until it was over, but I read some interesting stuff today about them.
One interesting point was that all the people that get ripped off using them have no recourse other than take it up the woo-hoo, WTF ?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-08 AT 08:59PM (MST)[p]WHAT BETTER WAY IS THERE Beefy THAN TO STOMP THE GUYS ASS THAT RIPPED YOU OFF???

EDIT::: WHERE WAS YOU READING THIS???

ALRIGHT Coues???

LETS HEAR ABOUT IT???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

From what i understand, the changes aren't going to effect the buyers to much. Most of the sellers are upset with a raise in rates of selling and a change in how or what they can leave in a feedback to the person that buys. Some have said that a guy can win an item but if he dosen't pay for it, or cancels payment, there's no recourse.

I believe the sellers are partly to blame. Used to be, if i bought something and paid, i got a positive feedback right away, my job was done. When the thing i bought got delivered and inspected, if it was as described and agreed, then i'd give the seller a good mark in return.

A while ago the sellers figured they wern't going to feedback nothing until the buyer posted first. Screwed the system up to where buyers was afraid their score was going to take a hit if they made any negetive comment on the deal cause the sellers in this way, held the hammer. So the whole feedback system was in effect, bogus, and E-bay is now trying to fix it closer to back the way it was.

I say if the sellers don't want to use E-bay fine, go rent a store, brick and morter, see how you do.

ebay was fun years ago when it wasn't loaded with new crap for sale.........it is a bloated monster now.

JB

I got stiffed on a snowmobile engine I bought off ebay, paid for it and the guy never delivered. I filed an EBay claim and they paid me back the money I had sent to the buyer. /shrug

The only ebay purchase I ever got truely stiffed on was from a MM user here ironically. Anyone remember wyomingben?

-DallanC

I restore cars and I've bought over 300 items on ebay. with obsolete and rare parts there would be no other way for me to do it, living in a little cow town even makes it worse.

I had one small problem in all this time and pay pal made it right, I think ebay is great you just have to understand it a little and know what to look out for.

I've been buying and selling with ebay for 6 years, i haven't found anything better yet, gotta use paypal it costs a fee but the insurance is worth it...

anybody hear of craigs list?

Besides big buck hunting, fishing and fishing collectables rank right up there as interests. Old lures, fenwick fiberglass rods, and vintage sporting gadgets in general, have been much easier to find and aquire since i found E-Bay.

Also, i played 3 sports in high school but got a full schlorship to U. of Arizona and played a decent middle linebacker for them. I always was a big athletic guy, now in my fifties, still working hard in construction but less in sports, i've slowly gained maybe 50 pounds of thickness to put me near 300. Clothes, for a guy my size in this beautiful little hole, are not to be come by. The people that sell on the bay have completely and very reasonably outfitted myself head to toe, litterally.

I have had only one instance out of 350 that was queer. You must be careful and know what to look for but having the things i want delivered to my door up here, is soo sweet, indeed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom