Dutch oven recipes

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I finally bought one of these last year and my buddy and I got to use it on our hunt..We only used it a few times cause the wind was blowing to hard to have a safe fire for the coals..Anyway we cooked some chicken and rice in it and that was good...Basically just mix some chicken bouillon with some water and pour it in the oven , add some chicken (I think we used thighs) then place on coals and shovel some on top...It wasn't a gourmet meal but at 10,000' elevation it was mighty fine..

I would like a good simple biscuit recipe..
Lets hear some of your favorite recipes....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

YOU'RE MAKING ME HUNGRY SNORT!!!

((( }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Beer Bisquits,

I pour a bag of flour into an empty and clean coffee can. Pour some beer into a little divot in the flour. Put your hand in there and kneed it into a little ball. Make it a little soft like bisquit dough should be. Grease up your oven good and line the bottom with your beer balls. I like to pre heat the lid over some coals and then set it on the oven after putting in the bisquits. After about 15 minutes check them. Wait till they look done and enjoy. After you get further down the road try spicing them up with a little grated cheese and diced greenchili. Wow those are good.

This receipe has been passed down through many generations of ranchers out here in AZ.

P.S. Before you start getting your hands real messy, open up 2 or 3 beers. Flour is really slick and you wanna make sure that you have enough beer for you and your buddy to drink while your cookin' so you don't have wash up. Remember, cooking is an art and baking is a sceince.

Thanks, Eric

Best Dutch oven recipe. Eat lots of chilli let it simmer in your belly for about 2 hours crawl into bed just as the wife is about to fall asleep let one rip grab cover throw over her head let it marinate about ten seconds or until she grabs a handfull of your biscuts. Dont plan on any desert.

Snort,

I've done this with pork chops, beef steak,
venison, and prolly a couple of things I cant
think of. For what it's worth...Pork does well
with this.

Slice up an onion and a bell pepper.
Divide them in half.

Put half the onion and b.p. on the bottom of
your DU.

Season your meat as you like to, and lay on top
of the O and bp mixture.

Add the rest of the O and bp on top of the meat.

I like to add fresh mushrooms, but you decide.

Add a can of Cream'of'Mushroom soup on top of the
concoction.........

Put the amount of coals on the bottom and on top
to make it about 350.....

Walk the Hell Away........

3 to 4 hours later..walk back up to it...

I think you'll know what to do from there...

Larry

This recipe is really easy and I make it at my house on the grill. This one is my favorite. Fry up potatoes, bacon, and onion and a little season salt until potatoes and bacon are done. THEN stir in a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. Then add a layer of shredded cheese on top. Do not stir in the cheese just let it sit on top until its all melted. My brother gave me this idea and I was a little hesitant at first, but now its the only way I will make Dutch oven potatoes. You have to at least try it once.

Snort, the one that I will never forget is an elderberry cobler. Pick some elderberries and bring a blueberry muffin mix box. Instead of putting in the blueberries put in the elderberries. I immagne you might know where to find some.

Thanks for the idea's fella's.....

Also who ever sent me the cookbook via e-mail thank you very much!!! Have to give some of these a try..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom