Dutch Oven Recipes

blazingsaddle

Lets hear them, the best of the best.
I have used mine very little over the years, only cooking the basic cobblers and thats about it. But I would love to get good at it, broaden my skills. I have two or three recipe books, but I want to hear the tried and trued ones. So lets hear some of your stuff.

I like to do cornish game hens seasoned with Cavanders. I put them on top of cut up red potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.

I also do a pork tenderloin the same way only seasoned with a pork rub.

"When there's lead in the air, there's hope."

I just went on a whitewater rafting trip in Idaho, and those guys made everything in dutch ovens, and it was all amazing.

One of my favorites was the pizza they made one night. They baked Jiffy crust and then put all the toppings on for another 20 minutes. It was one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

Try this one, it will knock your socks off and feed an army.

"Slamdunk's White Stew"

Brown 2 lbs of lean hamburger and 2 lbs of ground country sausage in your dutch oven.

Slice up about 10 or so large red potatoes.
Slice up one or two very large sweet vidalia onions.
1 large bag of baby carrots.
4 regular of cans cream of mushoom soup.
About 6 cups of milk (adjust to the thickness you like)

Cook all together till potatoes and carrots are soft.
sprinkle 1/2lb of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 pound mozzerella over the top and put the lid back on till melted.

ENJOY!!! ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Never over a burner, but i sure have put them in the oven before so the heat is distributed evenly.
Works great!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I have not used one indoors on a burner, but I have used one on my camp chef burner. It works really well for browning and simmering.

Slam-SOLD!

Slice up one onion and one bell pepper.
Put half of the onion/bp slices on the bottom
of the dutch oven. Lay seasoned pork chops on top
of this, place the rest of the onion/bp on top.
Spoon in a can of cream of mushroom soup.

Put most of your coals on top, at approx 350
for 3 hours or so, then get after it.

Now I want to eat.

Laro

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-08 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]TRY THIS ONE..
Antelope hash....flour and brown all side's of Antelope in 1/2 cup of oil! (remove half of the oil)add 2/3 cups beef broth and a tiny sliced onion and slow cook med low heat 3 hours...
remove and add diced 1/4-1/2 INCHE potatoes(any kind , peeled, un peeled..I use 9/10 Yukon Yellows)add to pot and then cut roast into cubes after it colled a bit ...add to pot cover cook low til taters are done..salt/ fresh ground pepper to taste!
serve hot! enjoy
rm

Halibut
Cover with 3parts sharp cheese 1 part mayo. cook at 350?about 45 minutes.

Salmon
spred rosemary on top then cover with honey Cook same as above.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom