Dutch-oven master

B_F_E

Long Time Member
I am not, however I think venison is best prepared in that manner & I am atempting some in my house oven as I type & would apreciate any advice from anyone who has done so successfully.

i once made a deer shoulder roast out of my deer with cream of mushroom, onions, celery, carrots,potatoes, salt and pepper, it was sooo good that was by far the best venison meal i have ever had
casey

Try lining the bottom of your oven with a bed of finely sliced apples.

Thanks fellers, I'm still curious if anyone has dutch-ovened in your house oven successfully.

I have done it and it did work. However, it took longer to cook. I use a volcano(dutch oven holder) year round. It has worked great for me.

Jason

I gave my wife a dutch oven last night. She did not appreciate it very much.

-Mike

i aint' the cook at my camp. my wife is. and she is a dern good one too. a real artist with cast iron. she has several smaller dutch ovens that don't have legs or a rimmed lid (for holding coals) that she uses in the oven and on the stove. work real well. most sundays we have a roast, with taters and carrots, cooked in a dutch oven. and some homemade bread, from a dutch over. mmm-mmm good. ya don't see em very often, but sometimes you can find cast iron that has a copper plated bottom, on the outside. they heat up a lot more evenly, especially when using em over coals. dang, you guys are makin' me hungry. i need some sour dough biscuits with quail and quail gravy in a bad way now........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom