Duck hunting vs. Golf

CAelknuts

I told FLEH that the best thing about duck hunting, compared to golf, is that in duck hunting they only count how many you get, not how many shots it takes. Good thing for him...

4b457ce63a120690.jpg

So there's all the GW Teal drakes. We don't have them in MT that look like that. Looks like quite the honey hole.

Congrats on the hunt.

now you guys got to pray & eat them things
will they be prepared medium rare?

Dan,next time you take Fleh out you need to teach him how to kill not just throw steel in the air!Thats what you get FLEH for not bringing me a Raiders hat back lol.Looks like you had fun.Thats what it is all about.(ROD)

HAHA I have been waiting for the smart ass post from you!

What Dan does not tell you is we shot MUCH better the first day. And I agree...just because between the 3 of us, we shot about 6 or 7 boxes of shells just means we had LOTS AND LOTS of fun!!!

Dan is a tremendous host and we had a great time. We shot a Golden Eye, Over 20 GW Teal Drakes, Widgeon, Pintail, Mallards...heck all kinds of ducks. We even shot 2 Cackling Geese. Dan takes really good care of you......other than when he TORCHES 3 big Ribeyes! (hey he gave me crap about my shooting!)

Thanks again Dan for having us out.....it was fun as always!!!!

Now....Dan does not get out of here without showing his mug on here too!!!

DSC01952.jpg

Also.....Manny16....there is only ONE guy on this forum that would remember our post from two years ago and talk about the Rare ducks that we ate.....All I will say is....welcome back! Nice to see ya!

It looks like you guys had some great success! I speak from experience when I say that Dan raises some mighty fine eating Greenwings!

No Specks this year?

One of these days I'm going to teach Dan how to sneak through the grass in a scull boat.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-10 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]Eel, no, no specks yet this season. There are actually a lot fewer geese around this season than in most years. Our area normally has a lot of snows and specks from around Christmas to the end, but this year very few geese are around. Of course, that can change overnight, just like the duck hunting did. I told FLEH a couple days before they flew out that hunting sucked, big time. It WAS terrible, only getting a few birds per day. Then they showed up and shot more shells than I'd have believed if I wasn't there to see them miss so much! ;-)

Hey....we only shot about 6 boxes in two days!!!! IT was TONS of fun.
Eel....I can honestly say...I KNOW he has had lots of geese on his place. I personally saw over 10,000 geese come of the water right on Dans place last January while I was there....

My shoulder hurts from shooting so much! I think I need more practice! But I AM going to cook up some of those Teal tomorrow for lunch!!!

FLEH, you weren't the last guy to have a nice hunt, or average about 5+ shots per bird bagged. The guy in this photo is a close associate from work, and it was his first time out. He didn't hurt too many ducks for this photo.

4b4d641d536859ff.jpg

But he sure shot a lot of shells!

And a photo of my old girl,Cody, who is down to her final few weeks of a long duck retrieving career.
4b4d6488550ba9ca.jpg

Dan, that's one fine well behaved dog. I can tell that you've been buddies a long time.

Goose hunting can be very frustrating. They seem to change habits over night for no aparent reason. After watching them for many years, I'm convinced they don't know where they're going some times. It's usually where I'm not though.:)

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom