Duck Commanders

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
WTH is with these guys? I'm a pretty free thinker and sure as hell never followed along on how others think people should look. But really, these guys and their commercials and videos kinda give me the creeps. I keep expecting to hear a banjo.

mastWithLogo.jpg

http://www.duckcommander.com/index.php

Buck Commanders aren't much better.

So who watches them? I'm sure somebody on here thinks these guys are "all that".

I've never seen the show, but I did check out the link and their promo video for the comming season. Some of those boys from the South are my kind of people. Like the one guy said at the end of the video, "I fear God, love my neighbor, and hunt ducks. Let the chips fall where they may." Not a bad way to look at life IMO.

If I had that station available, I'd give it a go.

Not so much now, but I used to be a hard core duck hunter. I would hunt deer, but only because duck season hadn't opened yet.

NV, it's probably harder for you to understand because first you have to live in a State where you don't have to import water.:)

Eel

If you think they are scary on tv, you should meet them at the St. Charles, La. sports show. They are real.

Funny item; They had a big Chessie named "PHYDEAUX"!!!!

These guys use their thick bushy beards and face paint as a hook. Most of there show is about how "hardcore" and redneck they are so if they all looked like Tiffany Lekosky it wouldnt really fit.

Its an "ok" hunting show but I cant stand "hunting" shows that are about running a hunting business. Wildlife Nation is another show I hate. The only plus is Duck Commanders doesnt show canned hunts 99% of the time and Wildgame Nation does.

Theres my 2 cents.

I like the show. I think the guys are interesting, especially the patriarch of the family. It sounds like he lived a wild life back in the day.

I like shows about running hunting businesses. However, I too am against the canned hunt crap like Wildgame Nation. I wish that fat father would fall on his broadhead or choke on a donut.

I'm not sure if the Duck Commanders and the Buck Commanders are all the same people. I know Willie the guy in the middle is on both shows, but Chipper Jones and a few other MLB players are the co-owners of Buck Commander!

Here's my take: If they were true hard core guys and duck hunting is all that matters in their life why are they spending so much time cultivating a TV show "image"?

Same for every other TV hunting "celebrity" by the way.Ego is first and hunting is second-if the hunt must be compromised to protect the ego-so be it.

But, just suppose that the revenue you generated from the show allowed you to do NOTHING but hunt whenever you wanted, wherever you wanted and with the best equipment your sponsors cared to provide. Seems OK to me!

Isn't that basically why everyone works in the first place?

These guys may look like "hookers" to some, but I applaud their career choice.

They are pretty much the "Samurai" of duck hunters in thier area of the country. They probably have very little remorse that some don't like thier style, looks, or TV show.

They hunt every day of the duck season. Something like 60 days straight. I love to hunt but I can't imagine the stamina it takes to get up that early and hang in there and still enjoy what you are doing.

I'm not a duck hunter, but this show kill's me, I laugh! These guy's are funny. Buck Commanders, not too sure of. 4-5 Big Leaguers are owner's of the company. The verdict still out on this one. Totally with you on the canned hunts.

John

I've only seen one episode and it was funny. One of the guys' wife wasn't going to let him go duck hunting on Christmas Day, the rest of the gang threw a fit. I'm sure it was staged, but it was funny. Supposedly they hunt every day the season is open, no matter what...

i like it , everytime i watch it , all i can picture is " one of those old ruff guys HAS TO BE SAGEADVISE:)

and for the record, my dog is BY FAR a better duck dog than the one i seen them using. if they wont swim right past a dead one to make sure they catch the crippled one, they need ALOT more birds under them. but hey, everydog is young at some time right? i'll bet their dogs when they are 3 are pretty dang good duck dogs

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom