Drunk kills 3 teenagers

feddoc

Long Time Member
These kids were from my hometown.

Azzhole.

http://www.alamosanews.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=24644

The victims have been identified as 18-year-old Anisa Montoya, Alamosa High School senior, 14-year-old Serena Sena and 14-year-old Selena Mascarenas.

Gilbert Sanchez, 36, of Pueblo, the driver of the truck, who was treated for minor injuries, is suspected of driving while intoxicated and speeding at more than 120 miles per hour. He faces charges of vehicular homicide, vehicular assault and DUI.

Yeah it sure has our little community down...The only good that could come from it is that prom is just a couple weeks away. Maybe it will open some of their eyes. Something like this sure rocks a little place like Alamosa.

Very, Very, sad Fed!!! Death penalty! That is nothing short of premeditated murder IMHO!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Terrible tragedy. I feel for the victoms and their family. Maybe use the culpret as an example and give him the chair.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Life is short, a tragic loss of such young people who have yet to have a chance to live life.

My prayers are with the family

John 3:16
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Whenever I hear of a story like this I am always shocked to see when the driver is over 30. I did plenty of driving while under the influence while in my younger days. I jsut didn't have the maturity level to realize what devistation it could produce. Through others tragedy, we should learn that driving under the influence is not smart. We've all had friends in accidents or even lose lives. This guy was 36.....he should know better. Some of you will say it should NEVER be done and I agree with that. BUT the reality is is that younger people will do it...I'd expect different from the older generations though. What a shame for the victims and their family. I've got a 14 year old daughter...I don't know what I'd do if I lost her.

I say an eye for an eye in these cases.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

>Whenever I hear of a story
>like this I am always
>shocked to see when the
>driver is over 30. I
>did plenty of driving while
>under the influence while in
>my younger days. I jsut
>didn't have the maturity level
>to realize what devistation it
>could produce. Through others tragedy,
>we should learn that driving
>under the influence is not
>smart. We've all had friends
>in accidents or even lose
>lives. This guy was 36.....he
>should know better. Some of
>you will say it should
>NEVER be done and I
>agree with that. BUT the
>reality is is that younger
>people will do it...I'd expect
>different from the older generations
>though. What a shame for
>the victims and their family.
>I've got a 14 year
>old daughter...I don't know what
>I'd do if I lost
>her.
>
>I say an eye for an
>eye in these cases.
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

We preach to our young kids (Navy guys/girls) on a constant basis about the career ending decision to drink and drive. Doesn't matter; they still do it. We had one of our base police get a DUI last Christmas. When questioned about his actions, he obviously knew what would happen, he said he didn't think he would get caught. It isn't about fines or punishment. It *should* be about increasing the chances for getting caught.

There is a guy, at Northern Arizona U, I think, who wrote a series of articles about why people drink and drive...knowing the financial and criminal reprecussions. To a man/woman, none of them thought they would get caught.

Yeah one of the girls in his truck was his own daughter and her friend. Both girls were ejected from the vehicle. After the accident the s.o.b. didn't even go look for his daughter, instead he got in the back seat and told the cops he wasn't driving and that the driver had ran away...They have a facebook page for the oldest girl that died (Anisa) and they are trying to get Tim Tebow to come to her schools graduation in her memory.(she was the class president and was in love with Tebow) Anyway on that page the wife of this ignorant man gets on and starts telling everyone that he didn't do anything wrong and that he didn't do anything that nobody else has done. To make a long story short, there was some very upset people at this lady. I doubt that they get Tebow here, but atleast they are trying.

My sister her two daughters and husband were killed by a drunk driver it will be 14 years on June 9th. He had 8 previous DUI conviction and had lost his license for life. He spent 9 years and 3 months in jail not enough time in my opinion he accepted a plea and then got released on good behavior, after serving only half of his sentence. I still believe it was unfair.

The families of the girls will suffer with this the rest of their lives although it will lessen as the years go by. That is one thing Europe has on us they don't mess with drunk drivers or give them as many chances as we do.

>Yeah one of the girls in
>his truck was his own
>daughter and her friend. Both
>girls were ejected from the
>vehicle. After the accident the
>s.o.b. didn't even go look
>for his daughter, instead he
>got in the back seat
>and told the cops he
>wasn't driving and that the
>driver had ran away...They have
>a facebook page for the
>oldest girl that died (Anisa)
>and they are trying to
>get Tim Tebow to come
>to her schools graduation in
>her memory.(she was the class
>president and was in love
>with Tebow) Anyway on that
>page the wife of this
>ignorant man gets on and
>starts telling everyone that he
>didn't do anything wrong and
>that he didn't do anything
>that nobody else has done.
>To make a long story
>short, there was some very
>upset people at this lady.
>I doubt that they get
>Tebow here, but atleast they
>are trying.

Wow, sounds like the guy and his wife deserve each other. "didn't do anything wrong" sounds more like it came from a 7 year old.

...sad that the school felt compelled to say they have nothing to do with the prayer.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom