Drought!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
The good news is that it looks to be a short winter! We here in N Eastern Kali have NO snow on the ground, none! I can't ever remember going this late in the season without at least a foot or two of snow here in town and much more on the surrounding mountains. Some years worse than others but this year, nothing!

What's it looking like in your neck of the woods??

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-12 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]we had a dusting this morning in my neck of the woods, 10 degrees and 50 mph winds made it feel a bit nippley though :)

we've had plenty rainfall but has not been cold enough to snow this year.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-12 AT 11:53AM (MST)[p]went Ice fishing up on GrandMesa yesterday and was surprised at how little snow was up there. I know we will need the moisture.

Drier than a popcorn fart. Little to no snow in NW Colorado. Went up to 8000 - 8500 feet yesterday and had snow less than knee deep when normal is over you head. Deer and elk started migrating a couple weeks ago the turned around and headed back up the hill. Supposed to be in the 40s and 50s here darn near the entire week. Snow pack near Steamboat is below 75% normal. Pretty dry...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

This La Ni?a year will prove to be another long and dry one for Texas. December was a good month, in fact it proved to be the wettest of 2011 BUT things are drying up again and it looks like while the NW and the rest of the West will have a pretty good wet spring, we are going to be super dry - again.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

50-65 degrees in central Nebraska the last week. A big fire took the neighbors garage and barn and almost got the house. Finishing archery deer season was like walking on rice crispies, crunch, crackle, pop.

We had more Snow a few days before Elk Season than We have now!

Ballies have just a Skiff on them!

We have Deer anywhere from Private all the way up to 10,000 feet in Elevation!

Came across Strawberry Last Night,still Deer & Elk getting Smacked across there,and I'll bet Lil Beav ain't Happy about a new fleet of Sleds with No Snow to ride/rent them!

I seen a few Guys riding/trying to ride their snow machines but there just ain't much there!

Today was one of the Nicer January Days I remember in the Basin!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Thanks for the reports guys! I didn't mention that we seem to be colder than normal. Teens down to single digits on most mornings but then highs in the 50's so not too bad.

I know that my feelings are a bit muley centered but how nice it would be if this year, we only lost the very minimal of mule deer due to winter?

Our 10 day forecast shows a few partly cloudy and the rest, mostly sunny days all the way up to next Thurs... Nice!

Even if we do get normal snow amounts from here on, that's a good month less the deer have to live and scrounge on their lowest winter ranges. I do hope it bodes well for the start of our, hopefully, mostly recovering deer herds!

Now, seeing lettuce at $5. a head and sweet corn at $2.50 an ear, is not something i'm looking forward to so, Let it rain! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-12 AT 01:23AM (MST)[p]I can't remember ever having this little of snow in the mountains of N Utah...I'm heading up the backside of the Wasatch Front in the morning to glass deer but I know my cabin has hardly any snow, it's sitting about 7300 feet.

Hoping for a ton of rain this spring...

~Z~

Took a ride out into Area 23 (east from Pioche toward Utah)yesterday...last year 10 above temps in the am, at least a foot of snow accumulations. The roads were dusty, ground mostly dry this year. I think were only due about four storms before Spring...they'll have to be pretty good to catch up. Got back and my deck thermometer in the sun said 74 (know air temp was not quite that warm, but I thought about watering the lawn!...and I was wearing a t-shirt most of the day...Spring day in January! Doesn't bode well for winter around these parts.

Nutty weather here in southern CA. No snow but warm with highs in the 80's and lows in the 50's. Looks more like Fall weather to me.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-12 AT 06:51AM (MST)[p]>Thanks for the reports guys! I
>didn't mention that we seem
>to be colder than normal.
>Teens down to single digits
>on most mornings but then
>highs in the 50's so
>not too bad.
>
>I know that my feelings are
>a bit muley centered but
>how nice it would be
>if this year, we only
>lost the very minimal of
>mule deer due to winter?
>
>
>Our 10 day forecast shows a
>few partly cloudy and the
>rest, mostly sunny days all
>the way up to next
>Thurs... Nice!
>
>Even if we do get normal
>snow amounts from here on,
>that's a good month less
>the deer have to live
>and scrounge on their lowest
>winter ranges. I do hope
>it bodes well for the
>start of our, hopefully, mostly
>recovering deer herds!
>
>Now, seeing lettuce at $5. a
>head and sweet corn at
>$2.50 an ear, is not
>something i'm looking forward to
>so, Let it rain! :)
>
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Problem I've seen with this situation before sage is we have quite a few Deer still in the higher elevations(Extremely Rare for January here!)With one big storm it could be devastating for the few Deer we have left here in the NE Region,I've seen it happen before on rare occaision & the results ain't Perty!

Still alot of Deer being Smacked on top of Strawberry,rare for January but with little damn snow there's still a few up high!

I agree,as far as being able to find feed & most animals are still really Healthy for this time of year but a Big Storm still scares me!

Out on a job yesterday and it was 80. Got a e-mail from my brother and it was 60 in South dakota and not a bit of snow.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Again, good stuff fellas!! Thank yee kindly.

ShowTTM, Yes, i hear you, a snap blizzard type storm could catch them up high. Man, i sure hope that don't happen like that! Slow and easy snowfall, traveling weather, that's what we'll need if we get it at all.

Our local Reservoir, Lake Almanor is mostly full when usually this time of year it is way down. PGE power co must have chosen not to let out too much water this past year. Maybe they knew something we didn't? It's all a conspiracy to sell more bottled water! :)

I do know one thing, the farmers in the valley are keeping a close watch on the weather reports, as they always do, but more so in wondering where next years water supply is going to come from.

Joey

I was up on the backside of the Wasatch Front today and took a pic to throw on here. I couldn't believe how high up my buddy and I were able to get his RZR...we were able to get damn near everywhere the snowmobiles were...not much snow at all!!
1177aa.jpg

~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-12 AT 02:16AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the pic NC, this thread is officially no longer useless! So, the wet season has got to be a third over anyway. I'm calling Drought!

Today was one of the nicest days of the year around here. The Lake was as misty glass this morning when i crossed over a section of it on to my first service call over in Clear Creek. This afternoon when i returned home, the sun was shining, the lake still looking killer, i almost went and bought my fishing license and tried to drown some worms. Should have!

It was a great year for getting the best Christmas trees, work hasn't seemed to slow down much, and the best part, No Snow berms to have to shovel my trucks out of! Yeah! :)

Joey

Nice weather unless you're Huntin Lions or snowmobiling!:D

I was actually lion hunting STTM, went down in this hole to find one but after I got about 15 feet I couldn't see a thing so I turned back, also because I didn't have a gun. My friend said the best way to kill a mt lion is to sneak up on one while it's sleeping then poke it in the nose...can anyone comfirm this is the best way to kill one??
1041securedownload.jpg

~Z~

9199extreme-fire-hazard.jpg

we are pretty dry around here I guess too

7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom